Trophy volatile internal temperature displaying

jc31

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hi everyone,
yesterday our Trophy had something of a fit. We tried to change the temperature and fan speed and it became unresponsive. The internal temperature seemed to be cycling rapidly between 17 and 33 degrees.

has anyone else had this experience?

I haven't heard of this before. Is it still doing it today?

Sometimes the software gets in a knot especially when the various modules and sensors don't start in the correct sequence. But as IT help desks often advise "switch it off and on again" helps to sort it out.

When I started the car this morning after it had been on charge overnight I got messages saying that LKA was not available, auto-hold error and the infotainment screen remained blank. When I got back in to the car after taking the dogs round the park everything was back to normal.

Hi everyone,
yesterday our Trophy had something of a fit. We tried to change the temperature and fan speed and it became unresponsive. The internal temperature seemed to be cycling rapidly between 17 and 33 degrees.

has anyone else had this experience?
We had exactly this during a road trip with our Luxury/Trophy in July. We wanted to increase fan speed since it was closing in on 40C outside. The temp did flipp-flopp and the fan went on full speed.
For us a reboot of the infotainment system (+10 sec press on the physical button) solved the problem.

You can get assorted errors if the boot order of the modules are out of sync. A normal reset (get out of the car - lock and un-lock it) will normally solve that problem.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 505 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back