Trophy vs Trophy Connect

Dragonfly

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Can anyone confirm the differences between the Trophy and Trophy Connect Models, online everyone mentions Amazon Music, but surely there has to be more to it than that.

Can anyone confirm the differences between the Trophy and Trophy Connect Models, online everyone mentions Amazon Music, but surely there has to be more to it than that.
That is pretty much it.

You get the amazon music app built in (subscription to amazon music still required though)
You get some live weather app
You get some sort of live traffic app integration
An O2 sim with 1GB data for onboard wifi (i think).

Thats it, unless I missed something.

All of that will also be under a subscription after I think 3 years?

Basically I didn't think it was worth the additional £500 on the car for apps that I have on my phone and the car has carplay/android auto.

Live satnav updates such as charger status, voice commands outside of Android Auto/Car Play (such as open sunroof, turn on AC etc) and from what I can gather a pre-paid multi-sim data plan allowing a mobile WiFi hotspot.

Last edited:
Live satnav updates such as charger status, voice commands outside of Android Auto/Car Play (such as open sunroof, turn on AC etc) and from what I can gather a pre-paid multi-sum data plan allowing a mobile WiFi hotspot.
Ah the voice commands and charger stuff I knew I missed something. Still not worth the extra when we have zap map. Voice controls are never reliable either

That is pretty much it.

You get the amazon music app built in (subscription to amazon music still required though)
You get some live weather app
You get some sort of live traffic app integration
An O2 sim with 1GB data for onboard wifi (i think).

Thats it, unless I missed something.

All of that will also be under a subscription after I think 3 years?

Basically I didn't think it was worth the additional £500 on the car for apps that I have on my phone and the car has carplay/android auto.
Sounds like you may have a better idea than I, but I was under the impression that the sim was multi-network and for the lifetime of the car? Might be wrong though

Sounds like you may have a better idea than I, but I was under the impression that the sim was multi-network and for the lifetime of the car? Might be wrong though
I have heard it's an O2 sim with 1GB data, and only free for a couple of years, not the life of the car. I am sure it is mentioned on a thread in this forum somewhere

There's a thread already with links:

Top right to search (y)

There is a multi-network sim In all specs and I bleave its for life and from what I have seen all cars get wifi

To be fair the multi-network SIM I was hoping for the most as it gives another method of data when signal is patchy and allows on short journeys for me to not bother plugging my phone in. I do wish it had wireless android auto though!

If I'm completely honest, I paid the extra £500 in case something by way of software update came later and didn't want to regret not getting it as I heard it was not possible to retro the connect piece later. That and I just have an unhealthy addiction to voice commands :ROFLMAO:

Do you mean via a dongle in the USB? I really didn't want another bit of kit plugged in to achieve that. If there's another way, I'd be keen to hear it!
Bit like a dongle
Screenshot_20220411_114818.jpg

To be honest, that's probably the best form factor I've seen. At least I could velcro it out of the way so it looks a bit more factory fit and not in the way of the charging pad.
Not sure if it's in the UK yet, but when it is, I'll take a look, thank you

To be honest, that's probably the best form factor I've seen. At least I could velcro it out of the way so it looks a bit more factory fit and not in the way of the charging pad.
Not sure if it's in the UK yet, but when it is, I'll take a look, thank you
Should be in UK soon around £90 Here is a link

There's a thread already with links:

Top right to search (y)
Think as I get older why google/search powers are failing me, I did try googling and searching on here, but didn't get the answer. Thanks everyone, I can see some benefit to some of the offerings.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom