Turn off date/time announcement?

muppet77

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I have the ZS EV Trophy Connect and can’t find out how to turn off the date / time / weather announcement when I start the car.
I’ve checked in settings and also in Car but with no luck. I’m sure I’ve seen it somewhere.
Anyone successfully done this? Thanks

Although I've never done it, it must be possible as I don't get the announcement. MIne was new this month so it may be because of a more recent update?

Hi Muppet,
To stop the announcements when you start the car, start with the Home screen and swipe left which will give you a set of icons, select Settings. From the Settings screen there is a list of tabs on the right hand side, scroll down them until you get to Voice, then from that screen find Greeting Switch and swipe it left (off).
If I recall correctly that will also stop the weather as well, if not go to the Settings screen again and select Weather, on the top right there is a Settings cog, go into that and you will find an option to turn weather broadcast off.

Does anyone else get completly the wrong year and date? Mine always says January 1st 2019 but then gets the time and weather correct?

Hi Muppet,
To stop the announcements when you start the car, start with the Home screen and swipe left which will give you a set of icons, select Settings. From the Settings screen there is a list of tabs on the right hand side, scroll down them until you get to Voice, then from that screen find Greeting Switch and swipe it left (off).
If I recall correctly that will also stop the weather as well, if not go to the Settings screen again and select Weather, on the top right there is a Settings cog, go into that and you will find an option to turn weather broadcast off.
Ah yes this is what I did, but it still keeps announcing it’s 2019 like some sort of ground hog day.

I got my dealer, Richmond in Portsmouth, to turn mine off!
Still far too many bongs for my liking!
Is it something that the Asian car makers deem to be essential?
I don't think it is something that Asian's like because Tesla Bjorn dislikes them and he is Thai!

Does anyone else get completly the wrong year and date? Mine always says January 1st 2019 but then gets the time and weather correct?
Same for me. I just had software updated and was told the issue would be fixed. It wasn’t. Three days after the software update the 1st Jan 2019 message returned. I have now switched off the voice and weather announcement settings.

Happens on my new version Jul 23 Trophy, but only the first announcement of any journey. Subsequent announcements have the correct date and time.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom