Turning Infotainment and Radio off

AdamMGEV

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I didn't know but if you hold down the button under the infotainment screen it will turn the radio and infotainment screen off, only displaying the vital temp, fan etc info and clock with date and time. It also remembers it for when you next time you turn the car on which is handy, rear camera still works with that too. Just wondered if other knew.

I didn't know but if you hold down the button under the infotainment screen it will turn the radio and infotainment screen off, only displaying the vital temp, fan etc info and clock with date and time. It also remembers it for when you next time you turn the car on which is handy, rear camera still works with that too. Just wondered if other knew.
Just realised this on my new MG5 but is there any way to have the sat nav on and radio off?

In a nutshell, no. The unit is either off or on.
And has been noted, the integral Sat Nav is inaccesible if someone phones you and you're connected by Bluetooth.

It would seem the best experience is to use Car Play/Android Auto. Now if only they would give you volume sliders for each element so we could set them! - I turned the music down just as google announced an exit and I had turned down the volume of the navigation instead, you of course need it to be saying something to turn it back up!

In a nutshell, no. The unit is either off or on.
And has been noted, the integral Sat Nav is inaccesible if someone phones you and you're connected by Bluetooth.

It would seem the best experience is to use Car Play/Android Auto. Now if only they would give you volume sliders for each element so we could set them! - I turned the music down just as google announced an exit and I had turned down the volume of the navigation instead, you of course need it to be saying something to turn it back up!
Seems a bit of a design fault not to have the two separate.

Seems a bit of a design fault not to have the two separate.
I completely agree, I think it's likely a software fault/oversight, they just didn't link up the buttons to allow you to hop back to anything else whilst in a call.

Just to confirm that on the MG5 LR Exclusive if you want navigation but not radio, press the mute button on the left side of the steering wheel. Just tried it and it works!

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom