Turning off day and tail lights while vehicle is on

ABDALLA

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
hi all
This is my first thread in this forum
i own my car now for one month . there more topics i want to share with you in this forum

but now there is some thing i couldn't have solution for it

when you are inside the car in ready mode and want to enjoy ac while charging or what ever reason.
the day lights and tail lights keeps on even if you turned auto lighting to off position. any one knows how to dim these lights off without switch off the car !!

Hi Abdalla,
Theirs now an OBD app that can be found here.
It allows you to switch off the DRL's whilst your obd is connected. Once you remove it they will turn back on again.

The tail lights should go off when you turn the switch to "OFF" DRLs will always be on in Ready mode (unless you have the app above and a Bluetooth adapter).

It's only the front that has DRL's - the rear lights aren't lit during the day.

hi all
This is my first thread in this forum
i own my car now for one month . there more topics i want to share with you in this forum

but now there is some thing i couldn't have solution for it

when you are inside the car in ready mode and want to enjoy ac while charging or what ever reason.
the day lights and tail lights keeps on even if you turned auto lighting to off position. any one knows how to dim these lights off without switch off the car !!
Can I ask why you want them off?

Hi Abdalla,
Theirs now an OBD app that can be found here.
It allows you to switch off the DRL's whilst your obd is connected. Once you remove it they will turn back on again.
Thanks I will try that 😇

Sometimes I sit in the car to tinker with the infortainment system (still working on a wireless android Auto project) and I switch the DRL off with the OBD app... However if you leave the car in that state and lock car with remote or external button (I.e activate the alarm too). Then within a minute or so the alarm will be triggered... Not so stealth then...
So need to disconnect the app and DRLs will switch on and then lock the car

Same requirements here. With no remote preheat option I don't want to advertise the fact that the car is in Ready when defrosting after doing the interior door lock, auto close window hack. A quick smash of the window and the car is gone. There's so many obvious oversights with this car. It's as if they were intentionally hampering so not to cannibalise more expensive model sales.
Sometimes I sit in the car to tinker with the infortainment system (still working on a wireless android Auto project) and I switch the DRL off with the OBD app... However if you leave the car in that state and lock car with remote or external button (I.e activate the alarm too). Then within a minute or so the alarm will be triggered... Not so stealth then...

...... I don't want to advertise the fact that the car is in Ready when defrosting after doing the interior door lock, auto close window hack. ..... There's so many obvious oversights with this car. It's as if they were intentionally hampering so not to cannibalise more expensive model sales.
So many oversights...fancy allowing a method to 'hack' the locking of the car. :D

Same requirements here. With no remote preheat option I don't want to advertise the fact that the car is in Ready when defrosting after doing the interior door lock, auto close window hack. A quick smash of the window and the car is gone. There's so many obvious oversights with this car. It's as if they were intentionally hampering so not to cannibalise more expensive model sales.
best to do pre-heating while the car is on charge and then it wont go into ready mode and cant be drive off.

best to do pre-heating while the car is on charge and then it wont go into ready mode and cant be drive off.
I didn't think the heater worked whilst connected to an a/c charger.
I know it works with rapids as that puts it in to ready mode (disables drive motor still).

But I am under the impression it only runs of the 12v whilst A/C charging and will drain the 12v battery quickly.

I am under the impression it only runs of the 12v whilst A/C charging
No, even for AC charging the battery contactors need to be on, so the DC-DC converter is active, so the 12 V battery will be getting charged. It might not be charged to as high a voltage as when driving, but it still won't drain the auxiliary battery at all, and will charge it at least slightly.

Why should I announce to everyone around the car that it's on and some body inside. Its the privacy 😉
Yeah absolutely. And the dash screen won't go off either. Especially unsafe for a
woman in a remote car park. The drl and dash is illuminating the face of the driver. I mean, come on MG???? I don't mind automatic lights, HOWEVER, when I park & turn off, I expect full control of my situation & my illumination!!

Yeah absolutely. And the dash screen won't go off either. Especially unsafe for a
woman in a remote car park. The drl and dash is illuminating the face of the driver. I mean, come on MG???? I don't mind automatic lights, HOWEVER, when I park & turn off, I expect full control of my situation & my illumination!!
So turn it off - problem solved 😁

Anyone know how to increase warning tune when you leave the lights on after leaving the car,

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom