Two new issues

Jomarkh

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Over the weekend I had two issues.
My Radio Module locked up a week ago but Friday the display froze at 4.06 pm for 20 minutes before rebooting. The dash display time was running fine. This morning I put into ready mode change to D and flicked into eco k3 and drove off then realised that the ready light was not green and that the wipers did not work. I pulled over and turned the car off and back on again but still no green light. Turned off again and locked car, unlocked and back to ready mode and got the green light and wipers OK. Very strange.

Attachments

• 20240325_072121.jpg
    20240325_072121.jpg
    384.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 20240322_161436.jpg
    20240322_161436.jpg
    371.2 KB · Views: 40
If you hold the centre button on the volume control knob long enough it should trigger the infotainment to reboot. (I'm not sure if it will work if it's fully locked up but worth a try)

I sometimes do it when mines being a pain about going into CarPlay.

If you hold the centre button on the volume control knob long enough it should trigger the infotainment to reboot. (I'm not sure if it will work if it's fully locked up but worth a try)

I sometimes do it when mines being a pain about going into CarPlay.
I did hold the centre dial in for 5,10 and 20 seconds no change.

If it's bombed out due to AA cable getting jiggled. I find pulling the USB out and then holding to reboot has better results.

Every time I've had this kind of issue it's been related to the phone/cable - me knocking it, passenger poking it, violent bump. My daily use USB cable lasted around 18 months and then needed replacing.

I’ve had the wiper thing with the ready light. Presumed it was from rushing the start up process. Pulled up, switched on and off and all worked well again.

If it's bombed out due to AA cable getting jiggled. I find pulling the USB out and then holding to reboot has better results.

Every time I've had this kind of issue it's been related to the phone/cable - me knocking it, passenger poking it, violent bump. My daily use USB cable lasted around 18 months and then needed replacing.
I've had much better reliability now that I have a wireless AA adaptor.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom