PositiveTom

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
SO, it's been two weeks!

I LOVE my ZE EV mk1.

354881973_2466321766864669_7984741974873310788_n.jpg

Having moved from a little 1.0L Citroen C1 (also sold as the Aygo and 107/8) the amount of power at my disposal is a joy. I'm finding myself driving in 'eco' mode with KERS at maximum and being very very happy. Being able to nip out at junctions that previously I'd not have been able to, overtaking that slow Sunday driver etc etc.

Because I'm a massive geek I read the handbook cover to cover. I noticed it said that the MG ZS EV mk1 is "electronically limited to 87mph". To quote Jerry Springer "the lie detector determined that that was a lie". I managed 101mph on an empty stretch of straight road when in sports mode. I didn't stop smiling for about an hour.

I've noticed that people treat you very differently when you drive a big car, compared to my previous small car. Before people would be forever cutting me up, taking the p*** at junctions etc - but that's all changed now. It's bizarre.

Sitting around as the car charges has taken some getting used to. But I've filled a USB stick with TV shows, and the local BP Pulse place does half priced food & drink when you're charging.

356381716_2471988586297987_8837115477340999542_n.jpg

I've two minor issues, which I'd appreciate input on though...

1) My rear washer jet doesn't work. I can hear the motor whir but nothing comes out. I've cleaned it with a toothpick and window cleaner. Any ideas?

2) My 12V battery seems to be draining quickly. It was full when I picked up the car two weeks ago, but tonight it's sitting around 50%. I don't have a home charger (that changes next week when we move) and have been using BP Pulse fast chargers for now.

Thanks in advance, and loving being part of this community!

Tom 🏳️‍🌈🚙

Leaving the car and ready mode should charge your battery up if your not charging your car regularly
As for rear wash get there was a regular problem of the pipe disconnecting under the pressure of frozen nozzle i think there are two places to look under the bonnet and sometimes in the boot if you try the search function you might find it

We picked up our ZS EV Mk 2 last week. Pretty happy with it with the exception of the vibration from the a pillar. Seems to be around the speaker.

For the rear washer, do these cars have a filter in the washer reservoir? If so, it could be sludged up. This happened to one of my older cars.

If you run 12 volt items when the car is only in STANDBY mode and not in the fully READY mode, you will flatten the 12 volt battery. And I don't think you can charge while in READY mode. So I think you'll need to give up watching videos while charging :).

Glad you're enjoying your car. Nice to see some gen1 action here, too! I have the same version...

Yes, you can be in ready mode and charge, and watch videos and so on, this is what I do when charging away from home. The earlier point about draining the 12v battery is important - if you do drain it, your car will not start.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom