Type 2 cable recommendations please.

n0de

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi,

My car is currently on it's way down to the south island (NZ) after it's trip from China, it should be about 3 weeks away and I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for type 2 charging cables? (Aliexpress / Amazon etc?)

Thanks!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi,

My car is currently on it's way down to the south island (NZ) after it's trip from China, it should be about 3 weeks away and I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for type 2 charging cables? (Aliexpress / Amazon etc?)

Thanks!
Just make sure it's a 32A or you won't get the full 7kW charge rate. The length is up to you, longer is sometimes more convenient for reach, but also heavier to lug around.

Just make sure it's a 32A or you won't get the full 7kW charge rate. The length is up to you, longer is sometimes more convenient for reach, but also heavier to lug around.
Summed up perfectly.

This is all you need to consider, just buy the the cheapest you can that fits this spec.

You beat me to it - this one is the cheapest in Oz, AUD210 + approxAUD35shipping, approx NZD250.
Make sure you select 7kW
1627129039107.png

No brainer.

For a fraction more $$$ I got a 22kW rated type 2 cable as it's future proofing my purchase and it can be used by others if needed.

It will still only limit charging to 7kW but if I upgrade my car with increased capacity I don't have to fork out for another cable.

Got mine from here - Type 2 EV Cable | 2 Year Warranty | EVSE | FREE Shipping

I went for a 2.5m long coiled cable as I didn't want it lying in the dirt. Never not reached a charge post.

Hi,

Thanks!
Got mine from ChargeMaster NZ.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom