Type 2 cables redundant?

I've never used the grannies to charge the cars on this or the ZS I had, I've only plugged them in once to check they're working just in case.
I only DC charged the ZS once in three years but used my Type2 cable many times when charging was free at Tescos and in a local council car park.
I've only used the Type 2 cable once in 10 months with the MG4 just to check the car was charging ok away from home as all my journeys are local so I charge at home.
I've never DC charged the MG4 yet as the one or two day trips out have been covered, there and back, easily by the range of the MG4, so I haven't had to charge out and about.

Use the type 2 all the time, it is needed for all of our office location chargers and the Charge Place Scotland chargers as already mentioned. As I very rarely have passengers I keep it in the pocket behind the drivers seat

ChargePlace Scotland has a fair number of untethered slower AC chargers, so I’ve used my Type 2 cable quite a bit. I wish I could fit it below the boot, but there’s not a lot of space in the SE LR unfortunately.

Put it under the bonnet and forget about it until you need it.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 505 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back