Type 2 To Type 2 Charging Cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buster72

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Firstly if this is a duplicate thread please accept my apologies but I did check in the General Electric thread.
There are loads of different brands of Type 2 To Type 2 Charging Cables. And a whole range of prices from under £100 to over £200. And I understand that the quality will very depending on price.
I plan to do most of my charging at home.
But I also want to have the flexibility to be able to charge at a commercial station should the need arise.
So my question is - what is the general consensus on what type I should be looking for.
Thanks.

Firstly if this is a duplicate thread please accept my apologies but I did check in the General Electric thread.
There are loads of different brands of Type 2 To Type 2 Charging Cables. And a whole range of prices from under £100 to over £200. And I understand that the quality will very depending on price.
I plan to do most of my charging at home.
But I also want to have the flexibility to be able to charge at a commercial station should the need arise.
So my question is - what is the general consensus on what type I should be looking for.
Thanks.
Have you check what will come with the car ie type2 or 'granny'?
If you are using a rapid DC CCS charger then you won't need a cable as they are tethered.

Have you check what will come with the car ie type2 or 'granny'?
If you are using a rapid DC CCS charger then you won't need a cable as they are tethered.
Yes. The dealer has emailed me saying it, an SE SR, will be supplied with a 5m granny cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom