Tyre warning light, how do I reset it?

DrJohnny Fever

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
So driving around last night, the tire warning light came on (no haven’t stuck any air in it yet) having a look around as I drove home, I couldn’t find anything that would turn it off…any ideas?…please don’t tell me I’ll have to go to the dealership…

It's in the manual and written on the car
Screenshot_20221204-102641.png

Screenshot_20221214-223526.png

Screenshot_20221214-224428.png

Last edited:
Same here. I will wait and see what happens when its warmer. Actual tyre pressures look ok.

If you're getting low pressure warning pump it up 2.8 is the cold pressure min that's why it resets warnings in the summer after a drive it will display more

Thank you for that…will have to pop out and pump them up to 28 and hopefully that will sort out the problem..you would have thought the dealership would have checked this sort of thing..but then again, I’m talking about MG..
ISTR another member said the warning went out straight after he pumped them up to 2.8 without even driving around.

Thank you for that…will have to pop out and pump them up to 28 and hopefully that will sort out the problem..you would have thought the dealership would have checked this sort of thing..but then again, I’m talking about MG..
It did on mine

ISTR another member said the warning went out straight after he pumped them up to 2.8 without even driving around.
Yes normal you should be ok the 10 min drive is when wheels have been swapped round or tpms replaced

This is quite common in winter for tyre pressure to drop the 2.8bar (41psi) is the cold temp so driving to get pumped up is not the best practice

So I can say, that the tire light does go out once the tire is pumped up..has anyone else tried to pump it up using the car pump that came with the car?..I would say, don’t bother..I think it’s not really a car pump…as in it’s for pumping a flat tire, more than a top up…I tried it as a top up and I lost more air than I put in it..

Last edited:
I had the warning for lowered pressure on tyres, especially near side rear. I am waiting for delivery of a compressor, so I can pump them back up to 2.8. Never had to touch the tyres in any car before, always just asked the garage to check them. Guess I need to do them myself from now on.

So I can say, that the tire light does go out once the tire is pumped up..has anyone else tried to pump it up using the car pump that came with the car?..I would say, don’t bother..I think it’s not really a car pump…as in it’s for pumping a flat tire, more than a top up…I tried it as a top up and I lost more air than I put in it..
Isn’t the thing that came with the car for punctures? I think it puts some sealing gunk into the tyre.

Near side rear, strange. That was the tyre that showed low pressure on my car too, except here it is offside rear.

Isn’t the thing that came with the car for punctures? I think it puts some sealing gunk into the tyre.
You have to screw the valve on…no problem if the tyres flat..problem if you have air in the tyre..as most have a thing that you push on and clip on/over the valve (if you know, what I mean) the thing that comes with the car, you have to screw it on to the valve…so you have air coming out as you screw it on..then you put air in the tyre..and of course, it lets air out as you un-screw the thing to get it off..I’d say it’s about 10-15sec of screwing with air coming out..both ways..

me as well, rear passenger side…

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom