Tyre warning lights

Claire

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi All
i wonder if anyone can help please ?
2 weeks ago I had a warning come on that my drivers side front tyre pressure was low flashing yellow on dash , however the tyre pressure was the same as the rest of the tyres ? Now last night the drivers rear side tyre has decided to join in 🙈 , again all still showing same pressure 2.4 on all tyres is this a software that needs fixed at the dealership or can I reset this myself ? I live quite a bit from the dealer so if I can do this myself at home I would rather do it myself.
Just a bit concerned that’s it’s a system error living in Scotland I was aware of the man with “ No Brakes “ issue with the same car as I have , I have had my car 9 months now ZS EV LR Trophy.
Thanks in advance for your help 🙂

2.4 bar is low for tyre pressures hence the warning - as far as I remember they should be around 2.8 bar. Pump them up and the warning should reset itself

Hi All
i wonder if anyone can help please ?
2 weeks ago I had a warning come on that my drivers side front tyre pressure was low flashing yellow on dash , however the tyre pressure was the same as the rest of the tyres ? Now last night the drivers rear side tyre has decided to join in 🙈 , again all still showing same pressure 2.4 on all tyres is this a software that needs fixed at the dealership or can I reset this myself ? I live quite a bit from the dealer so if I can do this myself at home I would rather do it myself.
Just a bit concerned that’s it’s a system error living in Scotland I was aware of the man with “ No Brakes “ issue with the same car as I have , I have had my car 9 months now ZS EV LR Trophy.
Thanks in advance for your help 🙂
Hi Claire - I think it’s a simple fix.
Currently your tyre pressures are too low.
You need to re inflate ALL four tyres to 2.8 Bar ( which is about 41 PSI ).
I had a similar experience on my LR Trophy a few months back.
I received a TPMS warning ⚠️ that one of the tyres had a problem, before I could get them rechecked, the system triggered each tyre one after the other, until I eventually had warnings for all 4 tyres 🛞.
The chances of having all four tyres with puncture was pretty rare.
After resetting ALL four tyres, the next time I used the car, the TPMS went out.
It triggered the sensors in a chain reaction.
Correct the pressures and it should be fine 👍.

Last edited:
2.4 bar is low for tyre pressures hence the warning - as far as I remember they should be around 2.8 bar. Pump them up and the warning should reset itself
Thank you so much 🙂 I thought that was what they should be as they were all showing the same , sorry if it seemed like a silly question 😥 , I will get them all done then 🤞🏼 it resets by it’s self I have just been a bit worried lately following the ZS EV failure in Glasgow 😳

Hi Claire - I think it’s a simple fix.
Currently your tyre pressures are too low.
You need to re inflate ALL four tyres to 2.7 Bar ( which is about 41 PSI ).
I had a similar experience on my LR Trophy a few months back.
I received a TPMS warning ⚠️ that one of the tyres had a problem, before I could get them rechecked, the system triggered each tyre one after the other, until I eventually had warnings for all 4 tyres 🛞.
The chances of having all four tyres with puncture was pretty rare.
After resetting ALL four tyres, the next time I used the car, the TPMS went out.
It triggered the sensors in a chain reaction.
Correct the pressures and it should be fine 👍.
Thank you so much that’s a great help 🙂 , so sorry if it seemed like a silly question, I really appreciate you telling me what happened to you , looks like mine is the same as yours was I will get it done and let you know 🤞🏼 Thanks again as I say i really appreciate your help 🙂

I have just been a bit worried lately following the ZS EV failure in Glasgow 😳
You are right to be concerned of course, but I would hold back and not become too stressed at the moment.
Until we know what really happened ( man or machine ) we just have to sit tight, until the investigations are completed.

Last edited:
Thank you so much that’s a great help 🙂 , so sorry if it seemed like a silly question, I really appreciate you telling me what happened to you , looks like mine is the same as yours was I will get it done and let you know 🤞🏼 Thanks again as I say i really appreciate your help 🙂
Just wanted to let you know @Lovemyev , all fixed now tyres re inflated to 2.8 and all warning lights off 🙂 Thanks again for all your help I really do appreciate it 🙂

I found the same issue with my ZS. I looked up the correct tyre pressure online using my reg, and several websites said it should be around 2.4 bar. I realise my screenshot is from Kwikfit (which might not be ideal for some), but other tyre-fitters say the same pressures.

28 bar seems high for a car tyre, so I'm thinking that 2.8 would be the maximum pressure, rather than the recommended pressure?
1000013262.png

Last edited:
I found the same issue with my ZS. I looked up the correct tyre pressure online using my reg, and several websites said it should be around 2.4 bar. I realise my screenshot is from Kwikfit (which might not be ideal for some), but other tyre-fitters say the same pressures.

28 bar seems high for a car tyre, so I'm thinking that 2.8 would be the maximum pressure, rather than the recommended pressure?
View attachment 20866
Agreed, 28 bar is both extreme high and incorrect.
2.8 Bar or 41 Psi is close enough if you prefer that form of scale of measurement.
I believe the recommended tyre pressure by the manufacturer is shown on a plate ( sticker ) on the “B” post of the car, when you open the driver door.
It’s below the door catch receiver.
This is a screen shot of the tyre pressures set out in the owners manual.

IMG_1145.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you for this. Obviously just should've looked at the B post. That's what laziness gets you!
I've pumped up every tyre to 2.8 bar, and the error is still there. Interestingly the car isn't registering that the pressure has increased.
1000013266.jpg

Thank you for this. Obviously just should've looked at the B post. That's what laziness gets you!
I've pumped up every tyre to 2.8 bar, and the error is still there. Interestingly the car isn't registering that the pressure has increased.View attachment 20872
You will have to drive the car for the adjusted tyre pressures to show on the screen.

View attachment 20866
Thank you so much for replying to me @u01rdw4 🙂 I did as @Lovemyev suggested and asked the guy at Kwik fit and he said it should be around the 41 psi it’s because the weight of the battery and that Tesla are 42 , it reset my sensors when I did it to the 2.8 and so far so good 🤞🏼 that’s it sorted now 🙂

Here you go !.
Check out the NOTE below the TPMS info.
It should recalibrate the next time you use the car.

View attachment 20873
Mine didn’t even need to run for 10 mins fixed the issue almost right away @Lovemyev ☺️ Thanks again for all your help as always

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom