Unable to listen to radio when carplay on

simonk

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
I recently purchased a Joyeauto MMB Max android device that plugs directly into the USB port and allows me to use Waze, etc directly without having to worry about phone or anything.

It's all working well except that I cannot listen to car radio when it is plugged in, is there any setting in the car anywhere thats allows me to listen to radio whilst Carplay is in use and the carplay audio just cuts in and out when required.

My previous Kia car did exactly as I'm describing above from my phone.

Is that a Android, you need CarPlay for android as this one I believe will work but do a search on here for the post on this. I have a iPhone and use a play2 air dongle that work the same way and I can listen to the radio. I did a test drive of a MG4 but it would not work in the MG4, not all dongle will work in the car.

I plugged my One Plus Nord Android phone in and it works as it did in previous car and how I want it to.

I then plugged back in the MMB Max and it now seems to work correctly too, weird!

Android Auto seems to lurk in the background on phones, and doesn't show up in the Apps lists, but if you search Google Play for Android Auto, you'll be able to access it's settings. One of them is 'Start music automatically' when Auto is activated. It sounds like it's sorted, but have a look at that setting.

I connect my Android phone with Bluetooth, and the unit automatically connects. I have no problems listening to podcasts, Spotify, bbc sounds, amazon music etc through Bluetooth. No need for a cable. I have Android Auto but tens to stick to the native apps and navigation.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom