unbind car

kitkev

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Good afternoon all

have been lurking for a while waiting for mg ev trophy connect,
finally picked ex demo up yesterday from chorley some drive that from maidenhead, when i connected ismart up says car already bound and to unbind car, is there a way to do this as i cannot find anything so assuming it would be the dealership used the ismart app nd is still bound to them.

the wife loves it driving past petrol stations smiling away to herself

thanks

Good afternoon all

finally picked ex demo up yesterday from chorley some drive that from maidenhead, when i connected ismart up says car already bound and to unbind car, is there a way to do this as i cannot find anything so assuming it would be the dealership used the ismart app nd is still bound to them.

thanks
Hello, and welcome to the forum.

I believe that whoever owns the phone which is linked to the car has to unlink it; or do a factory reset on the infotainment system.

Is this your first EV?

thanks for that yes first full ev had mitsi phev before ordered this in nov 21 for wife for birthday and chrimbo
had to cancel order as they were saying june to august

so picked up ex demo from chorley

thanks for that yes first full ev had mitsi phev before ordered this in nov 21 for wife for birthday and chrimbo
had to cancel order as they were saying june to august

so picked up ex demo from chorley
I went from Prius, to plug in Prius, to Ioniq 28kWh, to Kona 64kWh. Now waiting for My ZS Trophy LR which has similar range to the kona but with more room in the back and the boot, and of course the panoramic roof. :)

I went from Prius, to plug in Prius, to Ioniq 28kWh, to Kona 64kWh. Now waiting for My ZS Trophy LR which has similar range to the kona but with more room in the back and the boot, and of course the panoramic roof. :)
that pano roof makes it feel so much roomier inside great feature of the mg

help have been trying to unbind car but no joy dealership dont know who it is bound to cant find how to reset infotainment system tried factory reset no joy
any help greatly appreciated

I don't know whether anything in this post &/or thread may be useful:
In the app under messages it has a heading 'command', it shows time and date bind was completed. Swipe to left allows deletion of this particular bind.

Someone else had the same issue, so you're not alone:
The factory reset does nothing to unbind the car, the link is between the phone and the server. My dealer, who are not terribly helpful, gave me a number to ring at MG, which I did, and they told me to go back to the dealer and raise a technical case, which I have no asked the dealer to do. God help anyone who loses a phone or changes phone without the unbind having taken place, otherwise you are totally screwed
Hopefully Miles will come up with an answer for you if all else fails.

There's got to be a better option to unbind... this'll be a complete nightmare if you buy 2nd hand or ex demo. I can't see a solution in the manual unless someone with better eyes has spotted it??

This'll be one of the first things on my checklist now before I drive off the forecourt :cautious:

update on this spoke with miles yesterday he just called and said MG unbound the car their end as someone on a test drive bound the car,
so all sorted thanks to miles at chorley group,
and idiot as i am been driving in eco mode and freezing mentioned this and was told it is meant to do this try driving in normal

ever wanted to find a hole to hide in 😂

This thread just reminded me I needed to unbind my phone from the Marvel R we had a few weeks ago, despite me logging the vehicle off from the connection, I just checked and I still had control over it! Took me a while to find out how to do it, the option is very, very well hidden in the app !!

update on this spoke with miles yesterday he just called and said MG unbound the car their end as someone on a test drive bound the car,
and idiot as i am been driving in eco mode and freezing mentioned this and was told it is meant to do this try driving in normal

ever wanted to find a hole to hide in 😂
So pleased you were able to get it working!

I wonder how many calls MG will take before they find a better resolution to this issue:unsure:

Good afternoon all

thanks
Had the same issue when I purchased an ex demo model. It has to go back to garage and they will in bind the car.

Well done @Miles Roberts CG for getting it sorted with MG !.
I wonder if MG could send a fix via the over the air update facility ???.

So pleased you were able to get it working!

I wonder how many calls MG will take before they find a better resolution to this issue:unsure:
How did Miles get MG to do it? I've found it impossible to get through to them

So the below, or removing a bind via commands doesn't help?:
Managed to unbind the car in the app (didn't know you could double tap the car symbol and there would be another meny called vehicles) This also removes user in the car.
After unbinding the bind process works as intended and I can set up the pairing as intented.
Still no connection between the app and car when finished pairing...
Frustating!

I've sent MG an e-mail, there might an issues with servers/app in other countries.
I don't know why they bothered with having them in the app if they're useless 😐

This thread just reminded me I needed to unbind my phone from the Marvel R we had a few weeks ago, despite me logging the vehicle off from the connection, I just checked and I still had control over it! Took me a while to find out how to do it, the option is very, very well hidden in the app !!
Please please tell me where the option to unbind ismart in the app, look and looked and cannot find it, spent hours look, desperate now.

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

I believe that whoever owns the phone which is linked to the car has to unlink it; or do a factory reset on the infotainment system.

Is this your first EV?
Contact Miles Roberts on this forum to sort it for you , as you won’t solve it yourself !

Hello @Cathy

This took me ages to figure out as well. Go to the Remote Control page and then select the Vehicle Name, in my case WV22HHY, at the very top of the page. Photos attached to assist.

Attachments

• AA1D94B0-934A-4BF9-B406-89057D5F2DED.jpeg
    AA1D94B0-934A-4BF9-B406-89057D5F2DED.jpeg
    133.1 KB · Views: 532
  • 660DDDA5-F6CA-41F6-9C1E-291AEA2724A9.jpeg
    660DDDA5-F6CA-41F6-9C1E-291AEA2724A9.jpeg
    149.6 KB · Views: 546
Last edited:
Hi yes your right but your looking at a your binded car , you can’t get this far if your phone won’t connect because someone else has the car binded to there phone !

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom