Under the MG5

Jonhklee

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Just wanted to share some thoughts on preventing rust in this weather!

I bought some Lanoguard to apply to the underside of the MG5 to prevent rust as I live in the NE Scotland with lots of salts.

it was quite easy to slide underneath the car and spray on the stuff. There were some conspicuous areas with the factory underseal is lacking, especially around the bolts where the battery mount into the chassis. Also there are lots of small holes in the chassis itself, so will need to spray inside them with the special chassis sprayer tool.

The rear brake carriers were showing surface rust already!! The rear suspension girdle is only painted black, so will eventually show surface rust if not treated or underseal in time. Suspension components are quite exposed and easy to get to for treatment.

Overall, I would recommend Lanoguard for easy application of an under-sealant and hope it protects the MG5 from early surface corrosion from road salts in the current weather conditions. It does make your garage smell like a sheep farm though!

Do you have alink to the product you recommend please?

Would you say that Lanoguard is batter than Waxoyle?

But I bought my first bottle off eBay. Lanoguard is a lot easier and less messy to apply than waxoyle, but Lanoguard will probably need to be reapplied annually.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom