Underbody car cleaner gadget

Dave53

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
A little gadget I treated my self to, at my age always looking for things to reduce the amount of bending I have to do, I bought this to get as much dirt and salt from under the car as possible, once the salt gets a hold on the metal and the dirt then attaches and hardens itself on top, you then have a recipe for disaster, and living in Scotland it makes things worse, this gadget fits onto my Karcher K4 with the extra adapter I also purchased, I have a driveway with pebbles as you can see, the thick wheels cope with that and on tarmac would be much easier to handle.
Link to a video of it working, sorry for the poor quality😂😂😂

IMG_20210316_114533.jpg

Not sure I would pressure wash where the battery is, it's only rated at IP67 waterproof :unsure:
Found this on google, don't know how accurate it is.
IP67 protection class ensures that a device is protected against the effects of immersion in water.
It does not mean that a device can be used under water or cleaned under high pressure of water. IP67 class allows for immersing devices in 1m deep water for up to 30 minutes.

That's a great gadget, where did you buy it from?

It does make me a bit wary because of the battery pack, but with the pressure being spread across 4 jets, I'd have thought it'd be ok and I'd use such a thing on mine.

Not sure I would pressure wash where the battery is, it's only rated at IP67 waterproof :unsure:
Found this on google, don't know how accurate it is.
IP67 protection class ensures that a device is protected against the effects of immersion in water.
It does not mean that a device can be used uunderwateror cleaned under high pressure of water. IP67 class allows for immersing devices in 1m deep water for up to 30 minutes.
They recommend you keep the underside of electric cars clean, to be honest, the pressure is at the lower end of the pressure washers capability so is no more than driving down the motorway in the pouring rain, I've seen them take apart these battery boxes and they have a lot of gunk keeping the water out I would think they under rate it for their G/tee protection.

That's a great gadget, where did you buy it from?

It does make me a bit wary because of the battery pack, but with the pressure being spread across 4 jets, I'd have thought it'd be ok and I'd use such a thing on mine.
Amazon
The adapter for the pressure washer when I tried to fit it I thought it's not going to fit but it was just the plastic on the lugs were rough and just needed that extra hard push after that it fitted fine and came out again ok, you are right about the pressure they class it as a water broom and probably is not much higher pressure than a garden hos

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210316_185126_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20210316_185126_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 189
  • Screenshot_20210316_185100_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20210316_185100_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 178
Although I would not suggest applying constant pressure from a high pressure jet washer constantly where the HV components are situated, IP67 is about as high as you can get for external protection from weather.
These people don't appear to be worried about the IP rating !. LOL.

Although I would not suggest applying constant pressure from a high pressure jet washer constantly where the HV components are situated, IP67 is about as high as you can get for external protection from weather.
These people don't appear to be worried about the IP rating !. LOL.

😂😂😂👍

I started looking at these, however had concerns about the pressure washer pressure. So I opted for a hose attached lance and went for this extendable one from B&M for £8. Works a treat and as it's extendable it gives great reach for underbody cleaning 🤞🤞🤞

Altho it attatches to a pressure washer, it is spread over 4 nozzles and is a fine mist so it's less likely to cause issues unlike the lance where there is a lot of water coming out at the pressure you require to do any good, the main thing for me though was the lack of bending over 😂😂😂 and the wheels let you get from one side of the car to the other with even distribution of the water without having to aim it anywhere specific, I will only use it in the winter months when ther is salt on the road which is quite often in Scotland they were out last week😂

Altho it attatches to a pressure washer, it is spread over 4 nozzles and is a fine mist so it's less likely to cause issues unlike the lance where there is a lot of water coming out at the pressure you require to do any good, the main thing for me though was the lack of bending over 😂😂😂 and the wheels let you get from one side of the car to the other with even distribution of the water without having to aim it anywhere specific, I will only use it in the winter months when ther is salt on the road which is quite often in Scotland they were out last week😂
Dave, I’m in Scotland too and the gritters were out tonight 😳

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom