UNIVERSAL FITTING ROOF RAILS

AndyNWuk

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I am looking to buy a pair of roof rails for my ZS EV.

They will only be used for odd light carrying while I am renovating parts of my home like an odd length of skirting board etc. so nothing heavy.

Since I traded in my Fiat Doblo for my wonderful ZS EV, I am missing the carrying features the Doblo had and the cost to have everything slightly oversized delivered.

The recommended Thule EVO118 bars are over the top price wise at £221.00 and I was wondering as these are only going to be used on odd occasions, can any member recommend a Universal Set of Cross Bars that they have bought and are more reasonably priced.

Many thank for your advice.

Andy (Blackpool)

I have just had these universal roof bars delivered. You have to fit a rubber strip which is done and then trim slightly when you have them on car for best fitting.

MG ZS EV

Good buy for under £25

Attachments

• 20210411_102104.jpg
    20210411_102104.jpg
    397.3 KB · Views: 303
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have just had these universal roof bars delivered. You have to fit a rubber strip which is done and then trim slightly when you have them on car for best fitting.

MG ZS EV

Good buy for under £25

Good find, Dave! I'm glad you can vouch for them and confirm they fit the ZS EV, although they're now up at £29 but still much cheaper than most of the other options ;) 😁

Cheers

Bloggsy

Cheap ones come up on ALDI sometimes, ISTR someone on here fitted them.
(Branded AutoXS)

Hi I assume you have the ZS exclusive and want cross rails well I got mine from Aldi £20 they was use them a few times on my last car Skoda Superb estate and they where great they lock and are universal and polished alloy rated to 75kg
Les

Attachments

• 0A44FEA9-8A95-45CE-8A19-A20D3DB62D14.jpeg
    0A44FEA9-8A95-45CE-8A19-A20D3DB62D14.jpeg
    289.8 KB · Views: 285
Hi I assume you have the ZS exclusive and want cross rails well I got mine from Aldi £20 they was use them a few times on my last car Skoda Superb estate and they where great they lock and are universal and polished alloy rated to 75kg
Les
I bet you can’t get those for £20 anymore Les 🙂

These are great recommendations and nice to know they come from members who have actually bought and tried them.

yes its for the exclusive.

Andy (Blackpool)

The problem with the cheaper universal bars is that they don’t have a T bolt groove which is really handy for using bike carriers and roof boxes. Driveden sell Farad roof bars that have this feature and they are pretty inexpensive certainly compared to the MG ones.

Attachments

• 6B81C252-82D5-490D-9301-3CDEE0A1CF9F.jpeg
    6B81C252-82D5-490D-9301-3CDEE0A1CF9F.jpeg
    460.8 KB · Views: 317

MG ZS EV

Good buy for under £25

Roof bars are back down to £24.99 as of 21/4/21

I am looking to buy a pair of roof rails for my ZS EV.

They will only be used for odd light carrying while I am renovating parts of my home like an odd length of skirting board etc. so nothing heavy.

Since I traded in my Fiat Doblo for my wonderful ZS EV, I am missing the carrying features the Doblo had and the cost to have everything slightly oversized delivered.

The recommended Thule EVO118 bars are over the top price wise at £221.00 and I was wondering as these are only going to be used on odd occasions, can any member recommend a Universal Set of Cross Bars that they have bought and are more reasonably priced.

Many thank for your advice.

Andy (Blackpool)
to be honest for add hock roof crossbars I have 2 pieces of 3" by 3" and tie-wraps great for long pieces of wood and such

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom