Unusual siri incoming call when car starts

Jonny5

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hello,

Hoping someone can help with this unusual issue we're getting when starting our MG5 EV.

In the past week sometimes when we start our car it comes up on the screen with a phone call from a Private Number with "siri_/voice_dial" on the display. We aren't able to stop the call if we press the end call button and eventually it just goes way, but we can't get to the other controls whilst it's on screen.

None of us have any Apple devices so I don't know what is causing this to happen. Has anyone seen this before or can speculate on the cause. Any idea what would cause the car to pick up on a call involving "siri_/voice_dial"?

I managed to take a photo of it happening, which I've uploaded here:

@Jonny5

Welcome to the MGEV forums.

First, there is no need to use an external host for images. They can be inserted directly into posts, using this icon:
ScreenShot01198.jpg

I think the image suggests you have a pre-facelift 5. Is that correct? If so, was it bought brand new or second-hand? I have never seen this message on my pre-facelift 5 so if yours is new you need to be asking the dealer to "sort it out" I think.

If the car has had any previous owner it is possible that his/her phone is still linked in the Bluetooth menu. Have you checked this? You can delete no longer used connections there IIRC.

Hello,

Thanks for replying, I'm not sure what you mean by "pre-facelift 5". We got it second hand and its a 71 plate.

There definitely isn't an old device in the bluetooth connections, just our 2 android devices and that's it.

I had a search around ands its very similar to the issue described here:

@Jonny5

A 71 plate model is definitely a "pre-facelift". The "facelift" MG5 (sometimes called the "version 2") was first available in either late 2022 or early 2023.

Since there are no other Bluetooth phones than yours shown in the menu I think you may have to consult a dealer to help resolve this.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom