Updates?

colinc

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Is my HS PHEV all up-to-date?
If not, will a dealer update everything for free?
IMG_20211102_134705_2CS.jpg

I'd be interested to know that too. I have the same SW version 200924 which I assume means Sep 2020. I wonder if there were any software updates at all for the infotainment system. Can't seem to locate info about this around the forums...

My car was off the road for 19 days after doing a SATNAV update.
Tread carefully!

Mine went in for some work, and was updated to this version seen in the photo hope this helps ? It enables the hidden menu to set the units different, eg you can have psi on the tyre display , and is proven on the face book group I am in to only.work on that version , and hopefully above !

Attachments

• 20211224_212633.jpg
    20211224_212633.jpg
    386.5 KB · Views: 294
The HW and SW version are the same as mine, picked up late August '21. The car had to go back in for an incorrect service flag to be reset in January, and I was assured then it had the most up to date software.

I bought my HS PHEV Exclusive Farringdon Red new in July 2021 and had a warning notification each time I started it which then immediately disappeared. I took it back to the dealer who cleared it. Apparently it was a service required warning indicating that my new car could in fact much older, or was it just an MG malfunction? I will never know but have now travelled 4490 comfortable, economic (62.5 mpg ) and trouble free mixed motoring miles in the car. I’ve had the windows tinted to avoid frying, fitted lockable wheel nuts, car mats, rubber boot mat and a personalised MG prefix registration. I wish the car had a heated front screen and can’t get on with the voice control on the steering wheel, but overall I’m very pleased with my purchase.

Thank you all for the answers. I'm now in touch with my dealer cause my car is definitely out of date and they assured me that the software was updated during service which obviously did not happen.

@ColinB - the voice control button on your steering wheel is the equivalent of saying Hey Google / Hey Siri so it needs a plugged in phone with Android Auto / Apple Carplay enabled to work. HS don't have native voice control at all.

Thank you all for the answers. I'm now in touch with my dealer cause my car is definitely out of date and they assured me that the software was updated during service which obviously did not happen.

@ColinB - the voice control button on your steering wheel is the equivalent of saying Hey Google / Hey Siri so it needs a plugged in phone with Android Auto / Apple Carplay enabled to work. HS don't have native voice control at all.
Thanks JavaDaHat, I will have to get one of my grandchildren to help me🤷🏼‍♂️
I had hoped it was a simple accessory and I’m sure it is for young minds. They have already shown me how to use Google satnav using Apple CarPlay.

Thanks JavaDaHat, I will have to get one of my grandchildren to help me🤷🏼‍♂️
I had hoped it was a simple accessory and I’m sure it is for young minds. They have already shown me how to use Google satnav using Apple CarPlay.
Having your phone plugged in and Apple CarPlay on is exactly what you need for that voice control button to work :) Once you press it you should see a sphere effect on the screen. You can then speak commands and your phone will execute them and show on the screen. Like "call John", "navigate to Tesco", "text Boris Johnson" etc.

I bought my HS PHEV Exclusive Farringdon Red new in July 2021 and had a warning notification each time I started it which then immediately disappeared. I took it back to the dealer who cleared it. Apparently it was a service required warning indicating that my new car could in fact much older, or was it just an MG malfunction? I will never know but have now travelled 4490 comfortable, economic (62.5 mpg ) and trouble free mixed motoring miles in the car. I’ve had the windows tinted to avoid frying, fitted lockable wheel nuts, car mats, rubber boot mat and a personalised MG prefix registration. I wish the car had a heated front screen and can’t get on with the voice control on the steering wheel, but overall I’m very pleased with my purchase.
The voice control will work with Apple play, I assume Android also

mine has had 3 versions since collection in Jan 22 (amongst other surgery) as can be seen by the build date of the software (this is the one i use to trace versions , its in the other hidden menu that isn't the engineering one, the 1st one with a load of options doesn't let you do much but from the 2nd version on you can change stuff like your tyre pressure to psi instead of bar (as per pic) , deg c to deg f , mph to kph etc hope this helps, its worth noting that people who have had a 22 plate that i know are still on the 2020 version going on the 1st example pic in my list i presume this is the default image burnt on the radios in a bulk order or something

Attachments

• example 2 .png
    example 2 .png
    153.3 KB · Views: 212
  • example psi.png
    example psi.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 190
  • 3rd version.png
    3rd version.png
    886.6 KB · Views: 186
  • 2nd version.png
    2nd version.png
    372.7 KB · Views: 186
  • 1st version.png
    1st version.png
    96.4 KB · Views: 199
  • other menu.png
    other menu.png
    448.9 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
mine has had 3 versions since collection in Jan 22 (amongst other surgery) as can be seen by the build date of the software (this is the one i use to trace versions , its in the other hidden menu that isn't the engineering one, the 1st one with a load of options doesn't let you do much but from the 2nd version on you can change stuff like your tyre pressure to psi instead of bar (as per pic) , deg c to deg f , mph to kph etc hope this helps, its worth noting that people who have had a 22 plate that i know are still on the 2020 version going on the 1st example pic in my list i presume this is the default image burnt on the radios in a bulk order or something
How to you access this hidden menu ?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom