Upgrade led bulbs

tex

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
can anyone tell me if the headlight led bulbs on my se lr be upgraded as to me
they are not that bright.they have been adjusted as were set too low.
thanks

Headlights are non upgradable, unless it's possible to get some headlights from a Trophy maybe but that won't be cheap.

Ok thanks are the trophies lights that much better.
was told by dealer they were the same

The SE has projector LED headlights and the Trophy's are projector LED headlights with reflective technology

Not quite right Ian, the Trophy has reflectors, not projectors.
I believe there are multiple LED units on the Trophy for the dipped beam due to the more intricate design which in turn make the lights brighter.
The solution would be a retrofit the headlights from the Trophy, including the signals in the bumper.
Would be great to get a head to head comparison about these two designs.

Or, a lightbar with dipped beam functionality. It would be unique but it would solve your woes.

Not quite right Ian, the Trophy has reflectors, not projectors.
I believe there are multiple LED units on the Trophy for the dipped beam due to the more intricate design which in turn make the lights brighter.
The solution would be a retrofit the headlights from the Trophy, including the signals in the bumper.
Would be great to get a head to head comparison about these two designs.

Or, a lightbar with dipped beam functionality. It would be unique but it would solve your woes.
I was only quoting from the specifications from MG's website so I guess that's what the reflective technology is.

To settle the argument here is a screen-shot from MG's website.
1675921874477.png

Ok thanks are the trophies lights that much better.
was told by dealer they were the same
I've only driven the Trophy, so cannot comment on the SE.

The Trophy lights are good in my opinion, a good amount of light, sharp cutoff, and very even amount of light between dipped beam and full beam.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom