Upgrading cabin filter

sporu

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
The Exclusive is sold with a pollen/pollution filter as an ‘extra’. Has anyone with an Excite had a look to see if they have a (coarser?) filter which could be potentially upgraded with the one from the Exclusive? Or is there simply no place for a filter at all on the Excite?

PS there is a helpful video about accessing the filter on the Exclusive:

The excite model must have a pollen filter in the same location surely ?.
If it’s the same size, I can not see any reason why you could not upgrade the filter from the exclusive and fit it into the excite model really.

The excite model must have a pollen filter in the same location surely ?.
If it’s the same size, I can not see any reason why you could not upgrade the filter from the exclusive and fit it into the excite model really.
Yeah, seems likely. I guess the question is: is it the same size?

Yeah, seems likely. I guess the question is: is it the same size?
Surely it is! As far as I'm aware the differences between Excite and Exclusive models are mainly cosmetic (although Exclusive also gets some gadgets such as powered seating controls and rain sensors) so there shouldn't be differences in basic things such as the pollen filter! :unsure:

Cheers

Bloggsy

Surely it is! As far as I'm aware the differences between Excite and Exclusive models are mainly cosmetic (although Exclusive also gets some gadgets such as powered seating controls and rain sensors) so there shouldn't be differences in basic things such as the pollen filter! :unsure:

Cheers

Bloggsy
I would hazard a guess its the same unit, not cost effective to have two different units.
It's a serviceable item on both models so the parts department will ( should ) have both filters on the shelve.
A quick side by side comparison will provide the answer !.

Fingers crossed that they are interchangeable. It does seem likely but I wouldn’t want to stake the purchase price on it as manufacturers do sometimes create incompatibilities in order to force upgrades to a more expensive model. Would be amazing if someone with an Excite could take a look at that video and compare what they have in the glovebox.

I have a Comfort that is similar to Excite and in the Hvac screen it appears like 2.5 filter, I don't know it is the same that Luxury/Exclusives, but pollen filter should be.

If the filters are different, a finer filter would obstruct airflow more. In that case a stronger fan might be part of the differences.
That is a good point 👍.
Would’ve worth checking if the part numbers of the heater box assembly is the same for both models at the parts department.
Or even check the blower ( fan ) motor part number to be absolutely sure !.

Hi. I Just opened the clovebox to check the pollenfilter of my Exclusieve/Luxury for you
First things I've noticed is that the lid is differently clamped on and the filter had no MG sign on it. I also noticed that they didn't change it last week when the car was in the garage for the 1st annual check with 19000km. But it seems that it only has to be changed bi-annually.

The sizes are:
Width 196mm
Depth 191mm
Hight 37mm

Attachments

• 20210627_110115.jpg
    20210627_110115.jpg
    539.4 KB · Views: 316
  • 20210627_110212.jpg
    20210627_110212.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 292
You are both right 😃

From google - When we describe something as biannual, we can mean either that it occurs twice a year or that it occurs once every two years. ... Some people prefer to use semiannual to refer to something that occurs twice a year, reserving biannual for things that occur once every two years.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom