Urban Hybrid Management

Hi Sky0000547
so that could mean in 3 years time , when these people get a new cars , there will be a few PHEVs around , where the ICE has been used , but the battery hardly at all.
I wonder if that would be a good buy ? or i wonder what effect it would have on the battery not using the battery much for those 3 years
The way the government has setup this up which is why some people are calling them tax dodgers. They pay the minimum yet still drive in essence a petrol car. Mainly private owners will make use of the EV mode as we are paying for the fuel/charge out of our own pocket.

Don’t forget these are company cars so in cases the drivers don’t care. The cars could be loved or abused.

The way the government has setup this up which is why some people are calling them tax dodgers. They pay the minimum yet still drive in essence a petrol car. Mainly private owners will make use of the EV mode as we are paying for the fuel/charge out of our own pocket.

Don’t forget these are company cars so in cases the drivers don’t care. The cars could be loved or abuse

Don’t forget these are company cars so in cases the drivers don’t care. The cars could be loved or abused.
oops finger trouble there lol
Yes i agree with your comments, and again its a chance you take on buying 2nd hand cars , you don't know the history of them

I have recently bought an MG HS Phev and am enjoy having it. It is perfect for my commute to and from work as I can do it all in EV albeit cold as not heat other than the heated seats. My question is do you get better economy on longer journey just leaving in hybrid or using EV until little or no battery left and then going into hybrid ?

I have recently bought an MG HS Phev and am enjoy having it. It is perfect for my commute to and from work as I can do it all in EV albeit cold as not heat other than the heated seats. My question is do you get better economy on longer journey just leaving in hybrid or using EV until little or no battery left and then going into hybrid ?
On a long journey, Id just use auto mode (hybrid with no target SOC). IF you notice that you are coming to your destination and still have hybrid miles available, go into EV mode. Having a bit of spare EV will help if you encounter traffic on the trip.

Just a thought - I know that you can set how much the battery is charged by the engine (I think that there are 3 settings) - do you think that this might affect when the engine kicks in?
Battery charge settings do not have any impact on general usage of car and how Auto settings work in general.

They only dictate how the car monitors battery C SoH and starts engine up keep it topped up.
Medium is 50%
High is 80%

In default it uses battery / engine in default settings. Engine starts when speed hits 24 mph.
Being able to hack CAN bus to enable this would be nice

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom