Urgent help guys

navneeth1986

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi guys, need urgent help.

My MG ZS ev 2022 is turned on and unable to change it to drive mode to drive. I am stuck in a motor services.

Please help

Thanks guys. For some reason the car was thinking it's still charging even though it wasn't. I had to fully turn It off and used another charging point. There was an issue with that charging point as well.

There's a card with their number in the owner's pack.

Is the car completely shut down now ?.
If you are able to lock it, do so and walk away.
Leave it sit while you ring the A.A. and it may sort its self out after a while.
Other owners have seen a similar issue and returned a few hour latter, to find everything is back to normal.
The 12 volt battery disconnect is worth a go, but you will need a 10mm spanner though ????.

Really ? All MG cars? How do we contact them? As in how does AA know me.

Here is their number 0800 072 3338
Dont worry, they will track you from the registration number !

Good luck !.
Thank you. Will take note of this. I think my car just had a moment yesterday, It was fine after a while.

This problem has been seen by other owners and it has resolved itself after a short wait.
Another thing to consider, when you are ready to “Boot Up” the car, don’t rush the process.
Allow the car to cycle through the whole process until you get the “Ready” light and the hear the ready “Bong”.
Other folks have got caught out, by trying to select “Drive or Reverse” before the car is fully booted / ready.
This can result in confusing the car and it will then prevent the car from moving.
Did this once on my previous PHEV.
Had to leave the car, lock it, walk away and return latter.
All was fine after allowing the car to run through its start up cycle correctly.

I've owned a Renault Zoe for the last four years, and have had all sorts of aberrations through either starting too fast, or pushing too many controls too quickly! The software on all electric cars is still a bit flakey, and having so many different ECUs only makes matters worse.

When the software throws a wobbler, remember the old PC advice - turn it off, wait ten minutes, and turn it on again! Even better is to wait ten minutes for all the ECUs to shut down, then disconnect the 12v battery for 30 seconds before reconnecting and letting everything boot up again (y)
:cool:

I've owned a Renault Zoe for the last four years, and have had all sorts of aberrations through either starting too fast, or pushing too many controls too quickly! The software on all electric cars is still a bit flakey, and having so many different ECUs only makes matters worse.

When the software throws a wobbler, remember the old PC advice - turn it off, wait ten minutes, and turn it on again! Even better is to wait ten minutes for all the ECUs to shut down, then disconnect the 12v battery for 30 seconds before reconnecting and letting everything boot up again (y)
:cool:
Quite agree new owners are far to hasty in the starting proceedure. Causes all. kinds of problems. Also why don't dealers tell new owners you get 5 years aa Cover as long as you have the car serviced at a mg dealer. You don't need any proof. Just your reg number.

Quite agree new owners are far to hasty in the starting proceedure. Causes all. kinds of problems. Also why don't dealers tell new owners you get 5 years aa Cover as long as you have the car serviced at a mg dealer. You don't need any proof. Just your reg number.
5 years .... I did not know that

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom