USB Music and Menus

Billym44

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
As currently without DAB radio (and MG have said this could be years to sort!) I normally use a USB stick with a huge selection of music on it. When going into "select" I get all the letters of the alphabet down the left (as I do for phone contacts) but whereas for phone contacts pressing a letter takes you to those entries, pressing a letter on the list for USB music has no effect whatsoever, so constantly having to scroll through the whole list of bands to find the one I'm after. Anyone else had this and found a solution. Please don't say just use the music on my mobile as I have very little on my phone. Thanks all.

Pressing one of the letters works for me so not sure why yours isn't working. Mine scrolls to the first song starting with the letter I press.
Thanks. Do you just load random songs onto the USB stick?. Mine are all in folders, first by group, then by album?

I use folders too but not as specific as by group then by album. My folders are just genres of music, e.g. Rock, Pop, etc with a heap of songs related to that genre in each folder. The letter pushing thing only finds songs in the folder that you're currently in. If the song you want is in a different folder you'd need to manually navigate into that folder first.

I use folders too but not as specific as by group then by album. My folders are just genres of music, e.g. Rock, Pop, etc with a heap of songs related to that genre in each folder. The letter pushing thing only finds songs in the folder that you're currently in. If the song you want is in a different folder you'd need to manually navigate into that folder first.
Ok thanks for that advice. I'll give it a go.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom