USB Ports

Orcadian

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I just watched the podcast (from 08.01.21) It seems that different people have different ideas about the USB ports for Android Auto. In my ZSE V it is the left-hand port. AA will not work on the right-hand port.
Plus I have not yet found out how to switch off the radio. Only able to push Mute button. This means that when we start the car the radio comes on.

Plus I have not yet found out how to switch off the radio. Only able to push Mute button. This means that when we start the car the radio comes on.
Mine does that too, albeit USB media. I think they're all like that ;)

I just watched the podcast (from 08.01.21) It seems that different people have different ideas about the USB ports for Android Auto. In my ZSE V it is the left-hand port. AA will not work on the right-hand port.
To turn the radio off, just press and hold the volume knob for a few seconds and the unit switches off and only the time is shown.
It seems that there are batches of cars with the USB ports reversed. Mine is one of them. The left hand port has a phone icon but it is is the right hand port that does all the business for the driver.

To turn the radio off, just press and hold the volume knob for a few seconds and the unit switches off and only the time is shown.
It seems that there are batches of cars with the USB ports reversed. Mine is one of them. The left hand port has a phone icon but it is is the right hand port that does all the business for the driver.
Thanks, John. I tried that, but I mustn't have held it long enough. With lock down we have not done many miles. I think we have just about done 1000 miles, and we have had the car since October. I think about 270 of those miles was collecting the car from Falkirk. We really like the car, we have had two Nissan leafs' before. Which were great but we like the MG better.

Same in my zs ev.
I had the zs petrol automatic as a courtesy car for a month and the ports were the other way round.
It also had a handy extra port by the rear view mirror to power a dash cam.

Ah, I thought you were referring to when you start the car, the radio starts playing. You can also turn off your infotainment system by using the soft menu option too, although the physical button is eaiser.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom