USB stick for music plus phone for Android Auto?

ched

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Bit of an unusual one. Is it possible to have an Android phone plugged into the usb A in the front (MG ZS TLR 2023) and plug in a usb stick somewhere and use that for music?
My partner and I both use either spotify and/or amazon music, plus mp3s on our phones and we have very different tastes. So using either of our mobiles to play music isn't a great idea when we are both in the car! We have a usb stick with a good few tracks that are ok with us both :)

I am using AA Android Auto wireless box which works great (thanks to this forum for suggesting it) so that's plugged into the usb A in the front with the mobile/tablet symbol. I have tried plugging a usb with mp3s on into all the type a sockets but only the one with the mobile symbol works.

Is there a way to have both android auto running and mp3s from a usb stick? Would a hub work?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Hi ched,
I can't speak for MP3, but I have used a USB to USB C adaptor and played video files through the front USB C port. I did this so I could leave a phone plugged into the Android Auto, but I couldn't swear 100% I actually had a phone plugged in at the time. I'll find the type of adaptor on amazon and post a link to see if that helps. The one I used was dirt cheap from somewhere like Ali express or Temu.

In my MG4 I have my iPhone on a bluetooth connection and using the USB A port under the gear selector for CarPlay. A dashcam powered by a 12v (cigarette lighter) to USB A adapter and a USB stick off of a USB C to USB A adapter and all work fine. Can also switch between CarPlay, bluetooth and USB stick as music sources at any time.

Not tried the rear USB C connection to see what that will drive or if it is just for power.

I think I have a usb a to c adapter, so I will give that a try.
Thanks.

Just given it a try and I can confirm that using a usb c plug to usb a socket with a usb a memory stick with mp3s on works perfectly.
Thanks very much.

Bit of an unusual one. Is it possible to have an Android phone plugged into the usb A in the front (MG ZS TLR 2023) and plug in a usb stick somewhere and use that for music?
My partner and I both use either spotify and/or amazon music, plus mp3s on our phones and we have very different tastes. So using either of our mobiles to play music isn't a great idea when we are both in the car! We have a usb stick with a good few tracks that are ok with us both :)

I am using AA Android Auto wireless box which works great (thanks to this forum for suggesting it) so that's plugged into the usb A in the front with the mobile/tablet symbol. I have tried plugging a usb with mp3s on into all the type a sockets but only the one with the mobile symbol works.

Is there a way to have both android auto running and mp3s from a usb stick? Would a hub work?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Hi, Why not use the USB C stick for Music? I am using Carplay Kit for Andriod Auto and USB C stick that has music loaded on.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom