Using a faster charger...

Bermudabob

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi all,
I'm planning a trip in the future (when able to) and zap map has recommended me stop at a particular station that only has 350 kwh CCS chargers. My question is, can my ZS use these and get a charge without any damage? I guessing it would max out at around 50?

If anyone knows that would be great!

Rob

Hi all,
I'm planning a trip in the future (when able to) and zap map has recommended me stop at a particular station that only has 350 kwh CCS chargers. My question is, can my ZS use these and get a charge without any damage? I guessing it would max out at around 50?

If anyone knows that would be great!

Rob
Yes you can, but the ZS EV in perfect conditions, temp etc can only draw about 85 KWh per hour

Thats still pretty good for me!
Yes, but don’t get too excited it’s unlikely if it does reach those levels in the early part of charging it’s more likely to fall back to just over 50 KWh, but that’s still good and means the car is back on the road within a reasonable turn around time.

Some high rate chargers can be very expensive btw. It’s not that important if you’re not using them very often - but upwards of 65p a kwhr.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom