Using granny charger at holiday let

This had crossed my min before and has just been mentioned in another post. If you were renting a flat would you feel OK charging your EV using the granny charger, without declaring it to the renter or paying any extra? I only ask as I will be driving to Edinburgh for the Fringe and we're in a ground floor flat, I suspect with unmetered electricity.

We won't be using the car a lot when we're there but it'd be good to arrive empty and depart full, but I feel it's only fair to mention it to the owner seeing as that's probably £20 - £30 worth at the moment.
I wouldn't worry about it, you'll be getting charged plenty for the renting of the flat during the fringe,

I'm not sure how that justifies it really but it seems there will be plenty of other charging anyway. Suppose it must be my honest streak shining though :)

I always use granny charging at rentals, have for years!

On Zap-map, Air BNB & other Hotel sites it tells you when you can, then I still email & ask. Tripadvisor refuses to add that search function so I email the property owner & ask before booking.

Most say yes & it's free, this year I have a rental that requires a meter reading and payment above a certain number of units.

This had crossed my min before and has just been mentioned in another post. If you were renting a flat would you feel OK charging your EV using the granny charger, without declaring it to the renter or paying any extra? I only ask as I will be driving to Edinburgh for the Fringe and we're in a ground floor flat, I suspect with unmetered electricity.

We won't be using the car a lot when we're there but it'd be good to arrive empty and depart full, but I feel it's only fair to mention it to the owner seeing as that's probably £20 - £30 worth at the moment.
I was at a static caravan last weekend and with my handy 10m extension cable could happily hook it up to the granny charger, well worth having a short non coiled extension lead for the extra wiggle room. It's not a massive hike in the electricity use (imho).

Is that timidity or honesty ??
It's just common decency/honesty or also the simple rule of life: "Don't be an a*hole!"
If I was to rent out, I would appreciate if the customers are honest. After all you are paying for your stay, not for your journey back and local transport! So, not saying anything would actually be stealing. Simple as that, and glad that you were honest. People renting out these houses make rarely a lot of money, just a bit as extra to often their pension and a way to keep your money invested in bricks and mortar.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom