UV protection on front window and roof window

Dudu2683

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Hi all,

A bought my MG plug-in 2 months ago. It's summer now in my country and I noticed that it's really hot inside the car. I looked at a few Facebook groups and some people say that MG plugin windows (mainly front window and roof window) don't have a UV protection. Are you familiar with this?

Many thanks 🙏

The roof is an odd thing. If it's really hot and sunny you open the roof for cooling and the sun beats down on your head making it uncomfortable. Make the cabin very airy though with the shade pulled back.

I am based in Thailand and it is hot here

The first thing I did when I purchase the car is have some window film fitted. Most people are happy to have the dealer fit some privacy film, because it usually free, but I wanted a heat reflecting film, especially because of the large sunroof. I paid 9,000 Thai baht for HI-KOOL CERAMIC BLACK NIGHT

hi-kool-ceramic-black-night.png

film.png

An alternative and cheaper solution I saw on line was:

20210709_075920015_ios.jpg

I had my rear windows tinted the week the car was delivered to reduce the light for my son in the back. I enquired about the sunroof being tinted and was told that the this would cause the glass to absorb additional heat which could cause expansion resulting in damage or failure. I close the internal blind for the sunroof and that helps a little keeping the sun off the seats.

I am based in Thailand and it is hot here

The first thing I did when I purchase the car is have some window film fitted. Most people are happy to have the dealer fit some privacy film, because it usually free, but I wanted a heat reflecting film, especially because of the large sunroof. I paid 9,000 Thai baht for HI-KOOL CERAMIC BLACK NIGHT

hi-kool-ceramic-black-night.png

film.png

An alternative and cheaper solution I saw on line was:

20210709_075920015_ios.jpg
Of course, the first step in keeping the inside of a car cool is NOT to buy a black car..........lol
the 2nd step is to use the remote pre-cool function, works quite well.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom