V2L - Constant load to keep working?

ElectricBenSolar

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Looking at trying the V2L function on the MG5 facelift and just wondering if anyone knows if it needs constant load to keep working? For example for a fridge or freezer, they won’t be on constantly, so would the V2L turn off as there is no load? If so is there a set amount of time it would be for no load to turn off?

If there is a minimum draw needed what is it?

I can’t find any information on this, thanks in advance.

I don't have one, and I have no idea how it works, but a quick Google threw up this page (from a rival forum!) with an extract from the MG4 handbook. I guess the MG5 would be pretty much the same, is it not covered in the manual?

The manual is in the car infotainment and ridiculously hard to scroll through and read. I’ll try and get it online perhaps. Good idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at trying the V2L function on the MG5 facelift and just wondering if anyone knows if it needs constant load to keep working? For example for a fridge or freezer, they won’t be on constantly, so would the V2L turn off as there is no load? If so is there a set amount of time it would be for no load to turn off?

If there is a minimum draw needed what is it?

I can’t find any information on this, thanks in advance.
I have no official info regarding this, but after trying the V2L cable on our ZS EV LR ( Gen2 ) I think the car remains in discharge mode and continues suppling demand, until it is deselected in the head unit.
I did a check on our car after an update was applied and simply plugged in an inspection lamp fitted with a small 60 Watt lamp.
Locked the car and left it for about 20 minutes, then turned off the inspection light 💡 and left it another 20 minutes or so.
Then unlocked the car and deselected the discharge setting.
All appeared to work fine.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom