• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Vanarama Issues

Anyone else have more Vanarama drama? Mrs called today to try to sort out the insurance, and was told we're not eligible due to her occupation (apparently healthcare workers are excluded!) Not sure what insurance policies they are using, but sounds crazy!

I will, of course, ask where they advertised those exclusions, as I see no evidence of it in anything received from Vanarama, or in the original advert.

Anyone else have more Vanarama drama? Mrs called today to try to sort out the insurance, and was told we're not eligible due to her occupation (apparently healthcare workers are excluded!) Not sure what insurance policies they are using, but sounds crazy!

I will, of course, ask where they advertised those exclusions, as I see no evidence of it in anything received from Vanarama, or in the original advert.

Yeah, checked those, and they mention there are exclusions, but didn't say what. Nor did they say this at all in the last 18 months!

Anyway, looks like they have backtracked now, and they have agreed we will get the free insurance.

And I received the car on Weds! It had some scratches, and needed a clean / wash. It had also been used by at least 3 people prior to me (despite just 202 miles on clock), who felt the need to connect to the bluetooth.

Anyway, first impressions are good, with those things aside.

Well done! Ours came Monday, with 17miles charge in it after it was driven down to us. At least my other electric car came on a trailer fully charged!
Yeah, it had around 20%. Annoyingly, found my charger was no longer connecting to Wifi, and is locked - waiting for engineer to come out to replace the Wifi dongle, so left with granny chanrging for now.

Finally received our Trophy Long Range 👏🏾👏🏾

Attachments

• IMG_20230620_123814~2.jpg
    IMG_20230620_123814~2.jpg
    916.9 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20230620_123818~2.jpg
    IMG_20230620_123818~2.jpg
    874.2 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20230620_130641.jpg
    IMG_20230620_130641.jpg
    438 KB · Views: 75
What charger has everyone gone with from Vanarama? Was wondering if it's possible to get an Ohme one? (ChargedEV do sell them but it's not available in the list when you go through the link Vanarama sent). Ohme is required for the decent EV tariff from Octopus energy.

Indra Smart Pro tethered.

App isn't too bad but definitely better when hardwired network connection as WiFi connection is very flimsy

What charger has everyone gone with from Vanarama? Was wondering if it's possible to get an Ohme one? (ChargedEV do sell them but it's not available in the list when you go through the link Vanarama sent). Ohme is required for the decent EV tariff from Octopus energy.
I’m getting the ohme pro installed by them next week. Main reason as you say integration with IO and also it was the free option ! Zappi is also now on octopus list and has better pv options, but was coming out £500 more from charged ev

got mine delivered today - 17months and 25 days, but worth the wait as looking good so far.
delivery / handover experience really good. even got a reminder email today from Vanarama about the 250 cash back !

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom