Very annoyed

Oldgrice

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
Im saddened to say I've canceled my order, I had been messed about by the form you fill in to get the home charger. So I rang the dealer and he starts saying that he's sorry but the car may not be ready for Saturday.
I let him continue, he tells me that the upload got to 80% then lost connection with China and I think it left the car blank.
So he said he couldn't gaurentee the car would be done for this Saturday.
He suggested he got another pdi but not updated I said no.
I did say I'd give them untill lunch today to sort it. But in the end I've lost confidence in the dealer and the car.
But here's the rub when I paid my deposit on Saturday albeit 16.45 I was asked when I wanted to collect "Thursday /Friday" yes no problem. I couldn't get the time off so Saturday 9am.
Any way with all concidered I've cancelled my order not want you want with a new car.
Paul

By upload, do you mean the whilst he was doing the upgrades and he bricked it ? :(
Which home charger were you having ? I had the Pod Point one installed and the ordering process was not difficult even for an old thicky like me. ;) Any problems with that and you contact the installer not the dealer.
Personally I'd give them a bit more time to sort it out, but then I'm retired and have the time and another car to drive.
If you're not happy with this dealer then find another, it would be a shame for you to miss out on such a great car. TeamRed.jpg

I agree it appears the dealer is not that great do you have another local dealer that you could talk with, they maybe able to offer you a slightly better deal if you’ve been messed around...the car is a really good car for the price and you obviously liked it when you put in the order...I absolutely love mine..

Attachments

• 1BC8C7CE-E091-448D-BCF8-E1AF026F8574.jpeg
    1BC8C7CE-E091-448D-BCF8-E1AF026F8574.jpeg
    529.3 KB · Views: 126
Personal experience recently with dealers rather frustrating. Rang six dealers in the North West to see if they had stock of MG cars, only two got back to me with a reply.A lot did not know what offers were on the MG ev !Dealing with Tesla has been a nightmare , such poor service and communication.Been without car for a month so changed brands.

Personal experience recently with dealers rather frustrating. Rang six dealers in the North West to see if they had stock of MG cars, only two got back to me with a reply.A lot did not know what offers were on the MG ev !Dealing with Tesla has been a nightmare , such poor service and communication.Been without car for a month so changed brands.
So what have you gone for then if MG couldn’t help and Tesla was a nightmare?

By upload, do you mean the whilst he was doing the upgrades and he bricked it ? :(
Which home charger were you having ? I had the Pod Point one installed and the ordering process was not difficult even for an old thicky like me. ;) Any problems with that and you contact the installer not the dealer.
Personally I'd give them a bit more time to sort it out, but then I'm retired and have the time and another car to drive.
If you're not happy with this dealer then find another, it would be a shame for you to miss out on such a great car.View attachment 403
Hi kithmo
When in for pdi apparently the charger was Rolec but the company fitting it was Powerev, I had filled in their form but it didnt say it had sent just that it wasn't complete, but it did go to the fitting company.
The other part that put us off was the video showing the guy driving home from Glasgow at 70mph and only just making it back on the charge he put in before leaving.
I'm gutted I'll look about but my wife will take a lot more persuadeing.
Cheers Paul

With any EV you need to remember It’s all about your driving style, but that said you really do need; with any EV to plan your journey as weather conditions, temperature, your driving settings and driving style will all have an impact on range regardless of make.
Simple thing to consider is during the winter you should get minimum of 120 miles if driving to speed limited, and 150 in the summer and if your drive efficiently you can get around 163 plus..as I regularly do and Inner city driving you should be able to achieve 200 to 230 miles.
What’s the longest distance you travel?

With any EV you need to remember It’s all about your driving style, but that said you really do need; with any EV to plan your journey as weather conditions, temperature, your driving settings and driving style will all have an impact on range regardless of make.
Simple thing to consider is during the winter you should get minimum of 120 miles if driving to speed limited, and 150 in the summer and if your drive efficiently you can get around 163 plus..as I regularly do and Inner city driving you should be able to achieve 200 to 230 miles.
What’s the longest distance you travel?
Well that's hard to answer, we have two cars and the wife has the range rover which was the trade in. This is a good spec and very solid car which not being funny is higher quality then the MG. That said I was happy to trade off the modern technology.
But the wife was never fully on board but did do more work and research on the EV then any car we have had. But to answer your question our kids and grand kids live about 74 miles away. That's the longest single drive we do but that not offtern. And if we went on holiday in this country.
The rest is small trips 5 /6 miles.
Paul

Well that's hard to answer, we have two cars and the wife has the range rover which was the trade in. This is a good spec and very solid car which not being funny is higher quality then the MG. That said I was happy to trade off the modern technology.
But the wife was never fully on board but did do more work and research on the EV then any car we have had. But to answer your question our kids and grand kids live about 74 miles away. That's the longest single drive we do but that not offtern. And if we went on holiday in this country.
The rest is small trips 5 /6 miles.
Paul
Also you guys have got the car you know what it's like we don't and I don't think the dealer tried hard enough. I can get the same deal from Glynn hopkin Cambridge but I think the moment has gone.
It took me a lot to get the Mrs to concidered selling her range.

In answer then the car will easily make this journey and you’ll save a fortune on road tax, services and fuel. That said I feel your pain as before this we have a Volvo XC90 and the wife loved it and wanted another one, which to be honest I wasn’t against until you do the sums and I’m much better off now and that money can be used on other essentials rather than putting it down the drain, if you get my meaning.

In answer then the car will easily make this journey and you’ll save a fortune on road tax, services and fuel. That said I feel your pain as before this we have a Volvo XC90 and the wife loved it and wanted another one, which to be honest I wasn’t against until you do the sums and I’m much better off now and that money can be used on other essentials rather than putting it down the drain, if you get my meaning.
I got mine from Glyn Hopkins Near Ilford and my experience was very pleasant for my first EV purchase.

Yeah the range is devaluing fast but I'll keep looking and trying I'm not beaten yet ?

My brother bought a new XC60 and lost about 20k in a year and half, that’s ridiculous. Regardless of what makes of car we like electric is the way to go on so many different levels.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom