vibration

raycook

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
hot day yesterday, while queing in traffic every minute or so i could feel a slight vibration through the steering wheel, any ideas please?

hot day yesterday, while queing in traffic every minute or so i could feel a slight vibration through the steering wheel, any ideas please?
Did you have the A/C running at the time ?.
My guess is you did !.
If so, the intermittent vibration you can feel through the steering wheel, is the A/C pump kicking on and off.
Next time you feel it vibrating, quickly turn off the A/C and you will feel it stop instantly.
Mine is the same.

yes - it sounds like the a/c pump kicking in and out. it vibrates through the car!

On an ICE car it's attached to the engine whereas on an EV it will be attached to the body so could feel and sound different.
As a side issue, I've not noticed this on my MG5.

It's not attached to the body on the ZS it attached to the transmission/motor casing, you can see it under the 12v tray.

Thanks for the correction (not sure if MG5 is the same) :)
Basic point remains that on an ICE it's attached to something which is itself a major source of vibration so the only thing you tend to notice is compressor clutch operation.

Mine doesn't vibrate, in fact it's very quiet compared to my old Prius.
The Prius didn't vibrate but it did get very noisy, on very hot days, when going at full chat.

None of them vibrate when heat is on - the aircon is not working then. I get a pulsing vibration when sat in the car on cold with cold air button on - oooh arrrr…

None of them vibrate when heat is on - the aircon is not working then. I get a pulsing vibration when sat in the car on cold with cold air button on - oooh arrrr…
Mine doesn't vibrate without heat on and AC pressed.
When I did the vent temperature test last week, there was no vibration and I couldn't hear any other noises above the full fan on noise.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom