Vic Young South Shields - MG Dealer Discussion, Opinions & Experiences

I bought my ZS EV Exclusive in March 2020 from Vic Young. It could have been a difficult deal as I am in Inverness and South Shields isn't exactly nearby, but the excellent attention from Peter and Joanne made the process very easy.

Sadly, due to the mileage between us, I won't be able to get my car maintained there, but I do appreciate how good they were through the whole purchase process.

Bought my ZS EV from Vic Young at the end of November.

Overall, a professional and pleasant experience. The sale negotiation was performed by email. Quickly reached an agreement on price and trade-in value which was reasonable.

I had to wait about 3 weeks for the car and was given a couple of false alarm delivery dates which was a little annoying. A little short notice of the final delivery date. It looked like Vic's didn't really have a handle on when stock was going to be received.

However, all's well that ends well. The pick up was straightforward given the Covid-19 restrictions in place. The car was fully charged and the requisite software updates had been installed.

Would happily do business with them again and will certainly be using their service facilities.

We bought from them 3 weeks ago. Deal went smoothly enough, with a socially distanced delivery and trade in collection as we are almost 200 miles away. Still waiting for AA membershi.

I had to ask for an AA card whilst at the dealership.

However, you have the membership having bought the car new. Lasts for 12 months and is extended if you have the car serviced at a dealership. You won't get anything from AA (as far as I am aware).

Thanks, I’ll give them a call in the morning & chivvy them along .......

Does anyone have a contact email for Vic Young in South Shields please?

I'm still interested in an MG5, but going to speak to a few of the local dealers for deals and in no rush.

I did try requesting a contact through their website a while back, but didn't hear back from them.

[email protected]

Darren is the Sales Manager.
Well I fired an email off to that address just after you posted it and I haven't heard anything back.

Shame, as you'd have thought they'd be chasing every sale they could get.

Still waiting to sort the mortgage out for an extension before pulling the trigger on a car, so I'll try ringing when I'm ready.

I had to ask for an AA card whilst at the dealership.

However, you have the membership having bought the car new. Lasts for 12 months and is extended if you have the car serviced at a dealership. You won't get anything from AA (as far as I am aware).
Do you actually need a card? I assumed if you phone the MG Assistance number they’d recognise the car was covered

Bought pre-reg, registered 2 weeks earlier, exclusive model, delivered with 5 miles on it... Was £100 cheaper in December. So lost out on that as bought in January.
Arrived a week later but I had to make several calls to get it come that quick.
Also first invoice was wrong had to get it corrected. Had to keep calling them while delivery guy was here for payment details, log book for both cars etc.
It arrived dirty with road salt which it not unexpected...but they wanted a signiture saying the body work has been checked and free of damage...which is a little difficult with the dirt.
Part exchanged my old car. Probably got more than it was worth, as it had a few internals dying.
I sent them an email a week later to the salesman about the long balancing time but he didn't respond this time. Nor forward to anyone else. Which makes you think the after sales might be an issue.

Didn't get any information about AA, warranty or local franchise/mechanic or who to contact if any issues.
Been 2 weeks still not got log book yet.

Not noticed any unique problems with the car except the infortain system when off has some darker areas under the screen like grease marks or something.
Overall am happy...say 4stars out of 5.

Last edited:
I sent them an email a week later to the salesman about the long balancing time but he didn't respond this time. Nor forward to anyone else. Which makes you think the after sales might be an issue.
I didn't get a response to my first email, so sent a second follow-up email and still no response after 2 full business days... Which makes their after sales look rather unacceptably poor.
When I sent emails around the time of purchase I would get very fast responses within minutes or hours at the latest.
Oh-well.... at least we know why the prices were cheaper than others.

I didn't get a response to my first email, so sent a second follow-up email and still no response after 2 full business days... Which makes their after sales look rather unacceptably poor.
When I sent emails around the time of purchase I would get very fast responses within minutes or hours at the latest.
Oh-well.... at least we know why the prices were cheaper than others.
I've had a similar response via email post purchase. The only remedy is to phone them.

Bought pre-reg, registered 2 weeks earlier, exclusive model, delivered with 5 miles on it... Was £100 cheaper in December. So lost out on that as bought in January.
Arrived a week later but I had to make several calls to get it come that quick.
Also first invoice was wrong had to get it corrected. Had to keep calling them while delivery guy was here for payment details, log book for both cars etc.
It arrived dirty with road salt which it not unexpected...but they wanted a signiture saying the body work has been checked and free of damage...which is a little difficult with the dirt.
Part exchanged my old car. Probably got more than it was worth, as it had a few internals dying.

Didn't get any information about AA, warranty or local franchise/mechanic or who to contact if any issues.
Been 2 weeks still not got log book yet.

Not noticed any unique problems with the car except the infortain system when off has some darker areas under the screen like grease marks or something.
Overall am happy...say 4stars out of 5.
its a pre reg, so your waiting for new log book from dvla.

Thanks, I’ll give them a call in the morning & chivvy them along .......
Robert
I rang the A A and they confirmed membership just by giving them my registration
Think they said three years cover but not concerned anyway

I bought my ZS EV Exclusive in March 2020 from Vic Young. It could have been a difficult deal as I am in Inverness and South Shields isn't exactly nearby, but the excellent attention from Peter and Joanne made the process very easy.

Sadly, due to the mileage between us, I won't be able to get my car maintained there, but I do appreciate how good they were through the whole purchase process.
Like you Dave bought from Ray Scott at Vic Young's and it was efficient, painless and a joy to deal with m

Just collected my new car from Jack at Vic Youngs, have to say it was the most painless new car purchase we have ever had, and we change cars a lot!
we are the 3rd branch of our family to buy from Vic Youngs and i cant fault anything, they gave us a great price for our little Picanto, answered emails and phone queries promptly and made the handover as smooth as it could be.
Absolutely brilliant

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom