• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Vic Young South Shields - MG Dealer Discussion, Opinions & Experiences

I followed a red mg5 through aston yesterday around 3pm.
A vic young sticker was on the back window so this one must have strayed from home ground.
I must admit the sticker placement would seem to block the bottom of the rear view somewhat.

For me anyway as I'm short.

Has anyone used Vic's service facilities?

Just received an email from them prompting me to arrange a service (although not due until mid November).

Thanks for any info.

I bought mine from Callum at Vic young, 1st new car I ever bought in my life, great price and fab service.
Darren actually held one back for me to make the trip from Carlisle to test drive, which was generous as they were selling like hotcakes and it was the only one left when I got there! Needless to say I bought it after driving it.
I took out the 3-year service and MOT plan through Hilary, but I'm only 5 months / 8,000 miles in so far so it will be next April before the first service is required.
Ironically an MG dealership has since opened in Carlisle and I did look at one of the new LR 5s but decided to wait for the new shape facelift version next year.
All in all I couldn't fault Vic Young and look forward to my annual trip to South Shields!

Spoke to Vic Young on a Wednesday and they advised they had a 5 LR in for a test drive. I range on the Friday to arrange a time but they had sold the car the previous day and told me no new LRs in the UK until August. Disappointed I called another garage in the North East. They had a demo, and had 52 cars available for purchase the following month. A week later Vic Young were advertising LR in stock so I'm assuming the sales guy just wasn't interested.

Enquired via MG, had initial (although possibly automated) response from dealership, never responded to any email replies. Called, denied receiving emails. Went in to dealership and test drove new ZS EV, told me to email them the following day to which they never responded. Called, was told would ring back, never did... went to another dealership and ordered there instead!

Spoke to Vic Young on a Wednesday and they advised they had a 5 LR in for a test drive. I range on the Friday to arrange a time but they had sold the car the previous day and told me no new LRs in the UK until August. Disappointed I called another garage in the North East. They had a demo, and had 52 cars available for purchase the following month. A week later Vic Young were advertising LR in stock so I'm assuming the sales guy just wasn't interested.
Very surprising is all this as Vic Young have been praised a number of times on this Forum
Sadly sounds as though there has been some staff changes

Enquired via MG, had initial (although possibly automated) response from dealership, never responded to any email replies. Called, denied receiving emails. Went in to dealership and test drove new ZS EV, told me to email them the following day to which they never responded. Called, was told would ring back, never did... went to another dealership and ordered there instead!
Think you are quite right to take your money elsewhere. Why would anyone want to give a sizeable chunk of cash to a dealer after being treated so poorly....

Again it surprises me that the dealership principal has not responded
I am certain my local dealership, Luscombes, in Leeds would have , but there again they would not treat their customers in this way , you are right to "vote with your feet"

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom