Viewing MG 5 EV Facelift Trophy Long Range

iooi

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hi folks. Currently drive a HEV, but looking at EV to save on costs.

This is a 22 plate ex demo, with the larger screen.
Do these come with a APP allowing pre-heating/cooling via phone. If they do how stable is it?

What sort of range does anyone get, my usage is mainly local in a 30 mile range, which does include 60 limits.

Is updating of navigation something you can do yourself, & is it easy?

Charging will mainly be at home on 7kW wall box.

Make sure it is a FL model or there is no app support!

I do have a FL5 Trophy. MG iSMART app works ok.

Useful to see how the car is charging and the preheat/precool works as advertised.

Would be nice if the app alerted you to charge failure - my car tripped the chargers at work. Good job my colleague’s Tesla told us!

Range - I can get over 200miles in mine. Much efficient driving slowly.

I use CarPlay for navigation.

Make sure it is a facelift and has the I smart. Not sure if there were any facelifts on 22 plate? the pre face lift does not have the I smart app

Do these come with a APP allowing pre-heating/cooling via phone. If they do how stable is it?

What sort of range does anyone get, my usage is mainly local in a 30 mile range, which does include 60 limits.

If it is the FL then the App is supported. It works fine for me but if you leave the car for a long time is sometimes needs an unlock/lock from the key to wake the car up so the App can contact it.
I rarely get 200 range but that is because I don't often have days when I need to so I tend to drive at around 70.
I never use the onboard satnav (it doesn't have real-time traffic) I plug in my phone and use google maps.

You ask what kind of range can you get well there are many variables weather and temp plus how fast you drive and accelerate but here or the figures I got today after a longish motorway trip from Wigan to Amersham 195 miles on the M6, M42, M40, and around 12 miles on A roads today weather ok around 22/23 o trying to maintain a speed of around 60-65 but heavy traffic at times slowing us down at times air con on all the way.

So started off at 100% 311 miles when put in eco mode used that all the way and arrived at 19% 48 miles left some pictures below car MG5 Trophy facelifted version average 4.3 MPKH before this car I had the MK1 MG5 SR with the 50kw battery and that perform very much on this run which I do several times a year summer and winter hope this helps I see your quite new here so welcome to the forum and don’t be afraid to ask any question you want answered you can just see my car along side the old van.
Les
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_5854.jpeg
IMG_5857.jpeg
IMG_5858.jpeg

Les,

How are you getting 311 miles coming up as your range? Fully charged I only ever get around 250 as the indicated range??

It does happen, if your recent history was very high miles per KWhr then the GOM over estimates. See attached to prove it!
IMG_5846.jpeg

Les,

How are you getting 311 miles coming up as your range? Fully charged I only ever get around 250 as the indicated range??
Well it can and does the pictures there to prove it I once saw it a bit higher then that but this is where the Gom tells little porkys and that is in Eco mode in normal mode that would be around 295. Now as you see I drove 195 miles and had 46 left so that would be 241 a bit nearer to the 236 which is the MG claimed range for my model I will a say one thing about MG EVs this is my third one now and in good conditions and a sensible driving style they will give you the claimed range but as far as I know they always publish the summer range in the best conditions like I said

Here’s the return journey yesterday from Amersham well most of it as we stopped around 12 miles from home to eat and shop for the basics milk bread etc.
So set of with 96% Gom saying 270 few miles of A roads to pick up the M40 then the M42 and M6 cruise control control set at 63 once on the motorways aircon on as needed 19-22 degrees dry.
IMG_5863.jpeg

IMG_5865.jpeg

So in summary what’s the range the MG5 LR facelifted Trophy model has I think driven at reasonable speeds in good summer conditions around 240miles or 4-4.3 MPKH

Here’s the return journey yesterday from Amersham well most of it as we stopped around 12 miles from home to eat and shop for the basics milk bread etc.
So set of with 96% Gom saying 270 few miles of A roads to pick up the M40 then the M42 and M6 cruise control control set at 63 once on the motorways aircon on as needed 19-22 degrees dry.
View attachment 19376

View attachment 19377
So in summary what’s the range the MG5 LR facelifted Trophy model has I think driven at reasonable speeds in good summer conditions around 240miles or 4-4.3 MPKH
Interesting to see what I could get from my FL if I drove it a bit slower. I set the ACC to 70 and can get about 3.5 in the summer. That still gives the car a much longer range than my bladder so Im quite happy with it.

Thanks for the answers folks.
Not had time to look at one yet, as daughter got in 1st & has dragged me around looking for her EV. Ended up with a Mini Ev.
So time to get my hunting going.

Just had a look at one, very nice. Test drive on Thursday, as need daughter to see if she can drive due to her size..
Good, reminder for you it’s a buyers market at the moment so you can haggle on price and or extras I:e type 2 cable or granny charger, it will come with one or the other but good to have both also mats if there is none fitted as they don’t come as standard and a spare wheel nice to have also ask about a service contract they can be good valve and include AA cover as well good luck.
Les

Thanks, they have offered a good P/X on mine, which is more than I paid 2 1/2 years ago 😍

Quite funny as it is a ex demo that I'm looking at, they could not actually locate who has the car, & can only think they are on holiday...
So getting a test drive in another later this week. But not parting with anything till I can see the car in the flesh..

Did try to sell a new one to me, but said no as I have a funds limit.

Just had a look at one, very nice. Test drive on Thursday, as need daughter to see if she can drive due to her size..
I believe women drive juggernauts these days, I don't think a car will be a problem for her :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom