Vintage MG cars

Mihir

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Visited the motor musuem in Burton-On-Water, Cotswold and took pictures of a few MG vintage cars. Thought of sharing some pictures here.

20220602_115539.jpg

20220602_115609.jpg

20220602_115627.jpg

20220602_115835.jpg

20220602_115848.jpg

20220602_122306.jpg

20220602_122315.jpg

Ooh, noice!

I wonder what the charging connector is; it says "DC 3 kW", which makes no sense. Maybe there isn't room for an on-board charger, so it really is DC with a proprietary connector, and you can only charge at home.

New body shells made from the original tooling. Most of the comforts of a modern EV, except for the slow charging. Tiny boot left over. But If I Were a Rich Man... 🎶

Ooh, noice!

I wonder what the charging connector is; it says "DC 3 kW", which makes no sense. Maybe there isn't room for an on-board charger, so it really is DC with a proprietary connector, and you can only charge at home.

New body shells made from the original tooling. Most of the comforts of a modern EV, except for the slow charging. Tiny boot left over. But If I Were a Rich Man... 🎶
If I were a rich man too, except I would have to ask them to pre-rust the sills for that perfect in-period look.

Of course, if I won the lottery I would convert a TVR just for the lolz

Ooh, noice!

The youtube video shows at 1:03, the driver disconnecting a Type 2 connector from the car.

It says recharge time 8 hours, which seems a bit odd compared to the other numbers though.

8 hours at 3 KWh would in ideal conditions be able to charge 24 KWh, but it also says the car does 160 miles, suggesting the car does 6,66 miles to the kilowatt, which seems a bit high, even though the car probably weighs less than newer EV's

My guess is that it does single phase 16A, which is normaly 3.6 KWh max, but then there are losses in the charger and inverter.

Also, the battery might have more capacity, they do not state the start and end charge state of the 8 hour charge. Realistically it is probably not 0-100% SOT, but rather 20-80% maybe.

This makes it a 40 KWh battery, and the usage is then 4 KWh per mile, which is probably a lot more realistic.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom