Voice Control

Norfolk Enchance

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Can you use the voice control to instruct the sat nav to input an address or use voice control to dial a number in your phone? Its these silly things that I take for granted and I will take delivery of my car on Friday (company car) and haven't had a chance to view one in the flesh due to lock down.
Sorry if this is a silly question.

I’ve used it to say “call” and then the name from my contacts and also “text” from my contacts.
I use Google maps, but on Apple car play and therefore I can you the speak button to navigate, but it always takes me to Apple maps, and therefore I used the speech button on the screen for Google maps but yes you can.
Not sure about speaking out a number as I haven’t tried it..

Hi, I don't think so, think it only works when a phone is plugged in. So if your using android auto or car play you can use the voice control for satnav.

The built in satnav is incredibly slow and not worth the effort to use it.
Yes the phone does need to be tethered via the USB lead.

Hi, I don't think so, think it only works when a phone is plugged in. So if your using android auto or car play you can use the voice control for satnav.

Using Apple Car Play or Android Auto significantly improves the system speed and then the infotainment system is great, it’s a little slow if you don’t use these functions, but still usable.

I agree that programming the Sat Nav can be a pain, but once done the Sat Nav works well for me anyway. A voice input for destination would a super improvement.

Using apple carplay is great. You can use voice control for specific music to be played and even request navigation. It sometimes gets it wrong and it defaults to google maps for navigation but it’s very responsive - nice feature to have.

Using apple carplay is great. You can use voice control for specific music to be played and even request navigation. It sometimes gets it wrong and it defaults to google maps for navigation but it’s very responsive - nice feature to have.
Apple maps***

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom