Voice control

DON

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Do you need a top spec Trophy IConnect for the voice control commands to work, I test drove the Trophy on Sat and was told need to pair phone to use voice control, can someone clarify this cheers.

On existing models you need AppleCarplay or Android Auto to do voice commands, however the new range appear to have (I have not tested on a new model, but my reading says this is the case) in-built voice control initiated by “Hello MG” voice command. This will let you control vehicle functions like “Hello MG open the sunroof”.

On existing models you need AppleCarplay or Android Auto to do voice commands, however the new range appear to have (I have not tested on a new model, but my reading says this is the case) in-built voice control initiated by “Hello MG” voice command. This will let you control vehicle functions like “Hello MG open the sunroof”.
You press the button on the steering wheel that you previously used for talking to your phone, then say the command, e.g. 'open sunroof'. I think this only works on Trophy Connect, not on the other two models (SE & Trophy).

You press the button on the steering wheel that you previously used for talking to your phone, then say the command, e.g. 'open sunroof'. I think this only works on Trophy Connect, not on the other two models (SE & Trophy).
Now I'm confused can any dealer on here help please, the button is on the wheel can you use voice control on the Trophy LR .

Now I'm confused can any dealer on here help please, the button is on the wheel can you use voice control on the Trophy LR .
SE and standard Trophy model has limited voice command control from the button on the steering wheel.
It will allow you to request a call from your phone, BUT if you want to control the sun roof and climate control etc via the button on the steering wheel, you will need the full spec Trophy IConnect model at an extra £500.

SE and standard Trophy model has limited voice command control from the button on the steering wheel.
It will allow you to request a call from your phone, BUT if you want to control the sun roof and climate control etc via the button on the steering wheel, you will need the full spec Trophy IConnect model at an extra £500.
Thanks for the clarification - much appreciated. Brochure does not make it clear as to exactly what the £500 extra cost gives you.

strange that MG makes this difference in the luxury version. in Germany it is only offered as a luxury version full connect. with you trophy Connect.

Thanks for the clarification - much appreciated. Brochure does not make it clear as to exactly what the £500 extra cost gives you.
I criticised this point on the forum a few days ago.
@MilesperkWh came to the rescue and clarified the difference between Trophy and Trophy IConnect !.
Thanks again Miles !.

Thanks don't think I'm laying out a extra £500 to open sun roof etc
To be fair, the IConnect does offer more functions than opening the sun roof etc for the £500.
But if you are not going to use ALL of the features, then put the £500 to a nice paint finish.
Metallic paint is around the same price.

@ODONO .
This may help.
Kindly provided by Miles !.
Trophy Iconnect 2021-11-30 at 19.29.32.png

To access the Amazon Music App, owners will either need to create a new account, or log-in with their existing Amazon details. If the owner has not previously used Amazon Music the streaming experience will be much like that of a basic Spotify user. For users who have playlists set up already in Amazon Music, these will be accessible.

For users who are already regular Android Auto or CarPlay users, the additional features will offer little extra benefit. The benefit of these items is in the seamless integration with the on-board navigation system for example. Although representing an increasingly small number of people, these additional ‘live’ services will offer a new level of connectivity for owners who do not have a smart phone.

To be fair, the IConnect does offer more functions than opening the sun roof etc for the £500.
But if you are not going to use ALL of the features, then put the £500 to a nice paint finish.
Metallic paint is around the same price.
I went for the Trophy non-connect as I didn't think the connect stuff was worth the £500 extra

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom