Volume between car play and infotainment

gazter

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Anyone else seen a way of changing the volume independent of each other? The volume on carplay needs to be increased to play music/podcasts/ take calls. But that means when the car is switched on and it defaults to the infotainment i end up with a very loud absolute radio/radio4. If i then turn it down, i have to turn up again when carplay enabled.

I have the same problem. Bluetooth music play is very quiet, then back to DAB is so loud! Been looking if there’s a separate volume setting for radio/phone/Bluetooth etc, but can’t see one

If you play your media on your phone, turn it up on your phone first, you will probably get a warning about listening too loud, but that should help..

Yeah in Android devices anyway, ringtone volume and media volume are different beasts. Play some music first before you connect and wang the phone's volume up to "11'. Then connect and see if that makes a difference.

Yeah the volume difference is annoying and I've upped the media volume and whilst it make a difference it doesn't really fix this issue. Also output seems to vary on an app by app basis.

Pocketcasts for podcasts is loud enough, but Audible needs a significant increase. Frustrating when I get in the car with a sleeping baby, turn the car on and LBC starts coming out the speakers at 50000db

Isn't that so you can hear the reversing warnings though?
They're plenty loud enough as it is imo

But make their loudness relative to that of the audio not the other way round! 90% of the time there is nothing behind me.

OR pause the audio.

I listen to audiobooks and podcasts so unlike a song I have to jump back the audio every time because it goes so quiet

It is well known that if your working memory becomes more loaded you can easily miss visual ques. This is because precious space in your very limited working memory is taken up listening to radio/media rear parking sensors, passenger etc even subconsciously. When reversing you are also subconsciously calculating angles, closing rates, predicting where the vehicle will travel, sending motor instructions to arms legs and eyes etc etc. There is a lot going on that you may not consciously realise Hence the volume is reduced to allow the driver more chance in recognising danger or potential risks/errors

It is well known that if your working memory becomes more loaded you can easily miss visual ques. This is because precious space in your very limited working memory is taken up listening to radio/media rear parking sensors, passenger etc even subconsciously. When reversing you are also subconsciously calculating angles, closing rates, predicting where the vehicle will travel, sending motor instructions to arms legs and eyes etc etc. There is a lot going on that you may not consciously realise Hence the volume is reduced to allow the driver more chance in recognising danger or potential risks/errors
Must have just been bloody lucky those last 20 years then!

Yeah the volume difference is annoying and I've upped the media volume and whilst it make a difference it doesn't really fix this issue. Also output seems to vary on an app by app basis.

Pocketcasts for podcasts is loud enough, but Audible needs a significant increase. Frustrating when I get in the car with a sleeping baby, turn the car on and LBC starts coming out the speakers at 50000db
Exactly this!!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom