Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Black Pearl

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • Monument Silver

Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Dynamic Red

Votes: 14 21.9%

• Total voters
I've had a white Nova, a red Astra, a green Honda CRX Del Sol, a red Hyundai i20 and now a pepper grey ix20. My new MG5 LR is black..

So really I should have voted Blue to complete the set... But I clicked Black because I am not a smart man

Initially I wasn't a huge fan of the facelift ZS - just not keen on the lack of a traditional grill on newer styled cars. But, think the black one does look good - maybe as the grill looks more like a grill (in my eyes anyway).

even my lawnmower is black, or should that be posted on tractors.com lol

Attachments

• 1635933236842.jpeg
    1635933236842.jpeg
    656 KB · Views: 94
I love the look of black cars but keeping them clean is another matter.
I like my current dynamic red, but the new blue is nice as well, the silver appeals because it probably won't look as dirty when it is.

TBH, I can take or leave the looks, after all when I'm driving I'm inside, so I can't see it.
The inside is just as presentable as the current model, which I like.
I will probably be upgrading, just for the bigger battery, the smoother infotainment screen and the new connectivity tech.
Edit: and the LED headlights. :giggle:

Last edited:
Team red FTW (y) I had a black Kia Niro before this MGZSEV & the thing was only clean for 5 minutes after a wash :eek:

I have the dynamic red exclusive at the moment, with the rear windows tinted.
A number of people have commented on how they like the colour of the car.
I do keep the car hand washed and polished on a regular basis though.
If I was upgrading, I know colour choice is very subjective and personal thing ( thank goodness ).
I have only ever owned one silver car in my life and I will say only this.
If you are NOT into keeping your car in tip - top order with regards to the cleaning process, then you have just found your perfect colour !.
Even when a silver car is dirty, it still looks cleaner than any other colour.
Somehow it does not show the dirt to the same level ????.
Black & white are the complete opposite, they look fantastic after they have been washed etc.
But after a couple of days, they are back to looking like they have not been washed for a month !.
If you like washing your cars, buy white or black, if not - buy silver.
So, what would be my personal choice ?.
I do like the new Battersea blue colour, but I would like to see it in the metal first.
The previous launch colour blue was just a little to light for me.
Then again, I do think the Dynamic Red exterior body work, would compliment the black interior trim, with the red double stitching interior perfectly.
Toss of a coin between blue or red at this end folks 🤷‍♂️ .
What do I think of the new body styling at the front of the face lift ?.
Well, at first it was a bit of a shock to be totally honest.
Maybe because it was so different maybe, I don't really know folks.
But, I have now become more at home and settled with the looks somehow, I just don't know why either ?.
@Kithmo makes a really good point regarding body styling from the drivers seat, you can't see it !.
No Crossover / SUV / Euro Box is ever going to win any beauty competition's if we are honest.
If you are looking for a jaw dropping GOOD looking car, you are looking at the wrong type of car altogether I.M.H.O.
They are practical and fairly roomy cars, popular with a BIG percentage of families.
The higher ride height makes it much easier for the loading of small children in and out and it improves the visibility of both the driver and passengers.
Now pretty much replacing the once, ever popular 5 door hatch back.
If you add in all of that practicality, then the overhaul looks of the cars is going to be compromised.
The improvements on the facelift model are very welcomed indeed, and it step's the car up a few more pegs in my view.
If I could afford to upgrade to the facelift, it would be a Trophy model in either red or blue and with the 72 kwh battery.
Go big, or go home folks :ROFLMAO: .

I was thinking the Trophy connect. if you're gonna have the toys, you may as well have them all. :giggle:

For me, it would come down to what color would look best with the new grill. Probably silver, would be my choice (I would consider getting rid of all the chrome in that case....blacking it all out for contrast)

My black 1st gen looks fantastic when clean......but gets dull quickly.

I am torn between blue and silver myself. Silver doesn’t show the dirt as much in winter season and blue gives the ZS a bit more personality. I think..

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom