Wall charger

Kimber1

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
( Sorry about the rant but if anyone else has difficulty you know we're I'm coming from)I am in the process of having a wall charger installed but the company that are installing has said that I need to go through my network provider to have a double insolation switch.Well my network are hopeless after two weeks of calling,whatts app and contact forms online I still haven't managed to get them to understand even with clear photos sent.I'm at my tether and thinking of switch networks.Dont get me wrong the installing company are so helpful but until the network supplier understands I can't have charger fitted. I'm currently charging via pod point a few times a week due to the amount of travel which is great coz free but it would be so handy just to pull up at home and plug in.
Rant over ha ha

Hi, your installer need to isolate the incoming supply by turning off the isolation switch which you do not have.
The DNO owns the fuse and tail up to the meter and the supplier the meter to the CU.
I am not sure if they have to fit an isolation switch.
I do not have one and my solar and battery installation is going in this week so lets see what they do.
Probably cut the seals and remove the fuse.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom