Wallbox connectivity

Bluejeros

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi all,

I have just upgraded my mobile phone which now runs on Android 12. Great phone BUT it will not connect via Bluetooth to my Wallbox! My old phone works fine and so does my wife's phone both on Android 10.
Has anyone else experienced this issue using android 12? I have emailled Wallbox but they are yet to get back to me.

Hi,

I've got a Wallbox and am running Android 12 on a Samsung S22 Ultra.
I didn't have any difficulty connecting via Bluetooth, but did have an issue connecting the Wallbox to WiFi. I emailed Wallbox from their website regarding the issue, but didn't receive a response. When I phoned, however, I got through fairly quickly and received exellent customer service. I would suggest phoning them!
Connecting the Wallbox to WiFi has worked as a better solution for me as I can control charging from within the house.

Thinking a little more about my WiFi issues, and applying them to your Bluetooth problem there are some things you might try;

Switch off the bluetooth on your wife's phone, the Wallbox may be linking to that and not accepting new communications.

Switch the Wallbox off and back on on at the isolator - I couldn't connect to WiFi until I had done that, the radio modules may need a power cycle before they search properly.

I don't know how many Bluetooth pairings the Wallbox can store, you may have reached this number, so it's not able to acceopt any more. Try resetting the wallbox using your wife's phone - this is the instruction they sent me:

IMPORTANT: Do not have the EV gun plugged into the car while restoring.

To restore the firmware of your Pulsar Plus, please do the following:
1. Open the Wallbox app next to your charger and synchronize with Bluetooth 100%.
2. Then on the top right hand side click the gear icon, then on the bottom right select ""installation options"" then at the bottom click ""Restore"". Follow the pop ups that appear.

Thanks for your comments. I have tried the points that you suggested but nope, still won't connect. Guess I will have to wait for Wallbox to get back to me🤔🤔

My wallbox uses to work with WiFi and now won't find any WiFi, probably needs a factory reset... again... but I can't be bothered

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom