Wanted mg5 drivers side wing mirror glass

Jones886

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi after a driver's side wing mirror glass tried a few dealers all stating back order. Not sure if anyone knows of where else I could look.

ZS EV replacement third party replacement glass is JUST becoming available on E.Bay.
I think MG5 will be close behind !.
Maybe drop them a message ?.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks for all the comments have tried the few on ebay don't have any in stock have rang a few dealers and all back order just awaiting further info

Hi Ian has found me the item on ali express but appreciate any help given as will help for any future parts and where to look

Regards
Dan

Now manged to get one from mg direct they have changed the part number so if anyone requires it please let me know.

Not cheap either with vat was 28.50 you can get the one from ali express as listed but would take up to 30 days to come

Thanks again to everyone that commented and helped out

Now manged to get one from mg direct they have changed the part number so if anyone requires it please let me know.

Not cheap either with vat was 28.50 you can get the one from ali express as listed but would take up to 30 days to come

Glad you are all sorted !.
It would be handy for other MG5 owners, if you could post the new part number please ?.
Also, for £28.50 do you just purely receive the shaped piece of glass or is the glass pre-bonded to a plastic backing plate ( that sometimes houses the heating element for the heated mirror ).
I ask the question, because on a VW Golf phev I once owned, the glass in the drivers door just decided to fall out on the floor one day, and smash when I closed the door !.
When enquired at VW about a new replacement glass, I was told it only comes supplied pre-bonded to the plastic backing plate, which has the mirror heating element inside.
The replacement cost back in 2018 was £59.00 !!!!!.
If you received the glass and the plastic housing that has the heating element included, then you did well for less than £30.00 !.

It came with the backing aswell which was good.

I will post the part number up in the morning as box in my boot.

Dan

On my Iphone it will ask me ifI want to upload in the actual size or smaller, chose the small size and you should be okay.
Try adding the photos slowly one at a time, then post the reply.

Please find attached part number for drivers side wing mirror glass.

Have attached the broken one Also and the back of it so you guys can see what it's like

Attachments

• 20230128_083905.jpg
    20230128_083905.jpg
    448 KB · Views: 57
  • 20230128_083923.jpg
    20230128_083923.jpg
    570.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 20230128_083937.jpg
    20230128_083937.jpg
    501.8 KB · Views: 68
Please find attached part number for drivers side wing mirror glass.

Have attached the broken one Also and the back of it so you guys can see what it's like
That looks almost identical to the VW set up, where the glass is bonded to the plastic backing plate that has the heating element built into it.
The bonding adhesive breaks down after a few years and it just allows the glass to fall out, when the door is closed !.
VW don’t sell just the glass, it comes as a complete assembly only, the VW item was priced at £60.00 so the MG item is a lot less spiteful !.
You can buy just the glass from sellers on EBay, but the MG5 glass is not available yet.
But you can get them for the ZS model.

Hello, what do you mean by MG direct, i need a glass replacement and i can’t find nothing. Thanks in advance!

I’m gonna call them tommorow, please can you tell me how long it take to get the mirror glass? I’m a minicab driver and i need it ASAP.

Thanks,
Catalin

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom