skhwoody

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I have a 2020 Mg Zs ev, on the start up on the dashboard the car picture in the middle (same one when a seat belt is not fastened, and overhead view of the car.) is shows a red horizontal line midway. Picture below.

I am assuming it is something to do with the sunroof but I can't find any info anywhere. I have checked the sunroof and it is closed.

Attachments

• 20240229_204727.jpg
    20240229_204727.jpg
    351.9 KB · Views: 53
I think it's the same as the new model and so the rear seat belt not fastened warning!

The Mark 1 takes about a minute (!) to clear this seatbelt warning sign. Just another niggle for me. I don't know if this has changed in the facelift version.

The sensors are located in each of the rear seat cushions and can be fooled.
Let’s say you have placed any items on one of the back seats.
Like a heavy shopping bag(s) 🛍️ or even a child seat etc.
The facelift model has three individual rear seat belt warning lights.
If my wife is sitting next to the door and my grand daughter is sitting on the opposite seat next to the door.
If my wife then reaches over and places her hand on the middle seat, it will instantly throw up a seat belt unfastened warning ⚠️ on the dash.
When she removes the weight of her hand from the middle seat, the warming light 💡 goes out.
Proving that the sensor is working correctly as intended.
( Of course the car is sitting powered up at this point ).
If you start driving with any of the warning lights on, when the car reaches about 15Mph you will receive a warning “bonging message” until the belt is fastened.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom