Warning lights coming on for no reason

Alexander

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Well here we are again been to the dealership 2 times to report warning lights that come on for no reason this has happened to me four times, dealership cant find any faults, these faults go away when you switch of car and then restart, the one that comes on all the time is hill start not available, the intermittent ones are every warning you can get lights uplike a xmas tree, any advice on this.

Attachments

• 20220206_180223.jpg
    20220206_180223.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 279
Has the dealer shared with you what they find in the logs?

Not had this exact issue. Sometimes disconnecting the 12v battery and reconnecting after a few minutes can clear a fault. Give it a try - 10mm spanner and remove the negative wire on the 12v for 5mins then refit.

Not had this exact issue. Sometimes disconnecting the 12v battery and reconnecting after a few minutes can clear a fault. Give it a try - 10mm spanner and remove the negative wire on the 12v for 5mins then refit.
Switching of the car and restarting clears the warning lights but doesn't stop them from coming on again a few weeks later 4 times over the last 3 months .

Switching of the car and restarting clears the warning lights but doesn't stop them from coming on again a few weeks later 4 times over the last 3 months .
Yes, but that’s not the same as disconnecting the 12v battery. It might not work but worth a try.

Just happened to me for the 2nd time. It does not clear out after restart, actually turning on/off the car is challenging. Requires multiple tries. Any advice?

This has all the hallmarks of a faulty 12V battery not holding it's charge.
I absolutely 100% agree, I would replace the 12 volt battery and be shocked if it did not cure the problem.
Oh ......... Looks like a Gen1 ZS EV and therefore the 12 volt battery is only covered for 12 months under warranty sorry.
A good quality battery should come with a 4 - 5 year warranty ( keep the receipt safe ) and will set you back about £150.00 ( ish ).

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom