Warning lights flashing up

Blootoof

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi there - we bought an EV in November. On the way back from the dealer a series of 6 warning lights flashed on the dash. We reported it and they thought it a blip. It then happened on three other occasions and they took the car back - great dealer. The got another new car in January and had the same problem. But the dealership can’t replicate it - has anyone else had this problem with the EV?

EV and we get a bong followed by - and in no particular order forward collision system unavailable, auto emergency braking system unavailable, pedestrian auto emergency braking currently unavaiable, traction control fault consult handbook, auto hold fault consult handbook,hill hold unavailable,forward collision system unavailable, hill descent control fault consult handbook have pictures of all these faults on my car dash MG can’t find the problem and I have had this with 3 different MG electric cars - any ideas please

Hi there - we bought an EV in November. On the way back from the dealer a series of 6 warning lights flashed on the dash. We reported it and they thought it a blip. It then happened on three other occasions and they took the car back - great dealer. The got another new car in January and had the same problem. But the dealership can’t replicate it - has anyone else had this problem with the EV?
Hello, We don’t obviously have all the details - however, if you’re getting multiple error messages then the dealer needs to sort it out for you. It’s not that common to my knowledge. I assume it’s a ZS EV? Some have warning messages if they have not engaged the HV battery in ready mode (foot on brake press start button) but I doubt if it’s this. It’s best to record under what conditions it occurs so that you can help the dealer sort it out - what was switched on, what speed/standstill, state of battery charge both HV and 12v etc. From what you‘re saying it’s now gone away as the dealer can’t replicate it? It does seem a strange coincidence to get the same multiple faults on two separate cars 🙂 do you have any more details?

Actually 3 separate cars - the dealer has been excellent but it’s an intermittent fault - and only when I’m in the car - I can have others with me , but it doesn’t happen for my husband when he is on his own - we are giving the car back as we now think it is being affected by screws and plates in my ankle - and we can’t feel comfortable as we never know when these fault lights will occur

What a shame. They’re such a nice car. Good luck with the replacement.

I also have had similar warnings appear on my MG ZS EV Exclusive but always accompanied by loss of picture on the centre screen and loss of radio/music playback/android auto. If I continue to drive for about 15 minutes, the screen and sound system come back. The warnings will then be gone at the next ignition cycle.
I used to be a Systems Engineer designing automotive electronic control systems. These types of failures are typically cause by timing variations in communication between modules in the car. Many times these types of problem can be resolved by "turning it off, counting to 10 and turning it back on again". However, I have found that this MG ZS EV fault either 1) requires me to ignore it and drive for long enough (15 minutes or more) that it self corrects or 2) I must leave and lock the car for a significant time before returning to use it (where significant seems to be over an hour).
My wife is using the car today and has seen the fault so I'm going to borrow my son's DTC reader and pull out the Diagnostic Trouble Codes to see if I can get closer to the cause.

Same multiple system failure warnings that appear to be connected to the radar. This is a solid fault that occurs after about 1 minute of the car being in the "Ready" state, driving or not. New ZS EV 6000km. New Zealand agent is being slow to respond.

Same multiple system failure warnings that appear to be connected to the radar. This is a solid fault that occurs after about 1 minute of the car being in the "Ready" state, driving or not. New ZS EV 6000km. New Zealand agent is being slow to respond.
Hi I have the same issues, have you found a solution for this?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom