Warning lights

jamesc

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I have a 5 day old MG ZS LR Trophy which has started throwing up several warning lights including ‘forward collision system unavailable’ ‘cruise control unavailable’ ‘pedestrian collision system unavailable’ ‘handbrake auto hold failure’ these warning messages come and go every few seconds and are accompanied by the air con going on and off and some times the car says it’s ready but can’t shift to gear and sometimes doesn’t turn off without a long press of the auto stop start button and opening the door.

I have tried wiping down the sensors and leaving it to charge 100% and a day but to no avail.

All the MG dealers have 6 week wait time, has anyone had a similar problem and know a workaround while I wait for the dealer to take a look?

Thanks in advance

I have not done this but loads on the forum have. Disconnect the negative on the 12v battery and leave for 10minutes. Reconnect and this should reboot the system.

Check the voltage on the 12 volt battery. A lot of errors occur when the 12V runs down. If the car was standing for a long time before you got it, the 12V could have experienced some loss of charge.

You need to keep your foot on the brake until the car "bongs" and the green "ready" message comes up on the dash. The car sometimes tries to boot before the auxiliary systems have booted, and thus it can't read them and throws up error messages.

I have these symptoms. Errors occur during driving…when car is switched off and back on I lose brake assistance, making the car undriveable. The aircon was inoperative, but I’m not sure it’s connected. The dealer has resolved the aircon, but not, so far, the other problems. Very annoying in a car only a year old.

Thanks for the replies! Unfortunately disconnecting the battery and making sure it only fires into the ready mode haven’t worked and the warning messages returned. The battery has been showing a consistent 13.3v. Looks like I might just have to bear it until I can get a appointment

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom