Warning Messages

Codders55

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi Folks. Did a long trip from Dorset to London and back yesterday. The car performed well, apart from 2 occasions when I noticed the warning icon on. Navigating around west London if there was a pop-up message, it went away and I missed it but glancing down noticed the warning icon on. Pulled over but could not find a way of seeing what the warning was about as no other indicators seemed to be telling me anything unusual. Turned the car off. Waited 10 seconds. Turned it back on. Warning icon gone. Is there any way of accessing previous warnings once that little message center window has gone? Reassuring that the icon went away but annoying that I did not see why it came on in the first place! London traffic, unfamiliar roads - that's my excuse! Looked through the manual and online, no joy. The temperature was scorchio, about 30 degrees but nothing else unusual.

On my pre face lift it's usually "Conditional Speed Limit Detected"

Which idiot thought that should show the warning/caution triangle I don't know.

You can read them by going to the same menu as the brightness control.etc for the drivers display. (Hit right arrow. a few times I think)

Upvote 0
Thanks for the prompt reply! I'll give that a go.
It's probably cleared now so won't show, but certainly that does cause it and can be a bit off putting if you don't know it's just that.

The speed sign recongition in general is pretty useless it's forever flashing because it hasn't noticed the speed limit has changed.

Upvote 0
It's probably cleared now so won't show, but certainly that does cause it and can be a bit off putting if you don't know it's just that.

The speed sign recongition in general is pretty useless it's forever flashing because it hasn't noticed the speed limit has changed.
AH, but if like me you`re an over-aged boy-racer, warning is so much better than a speeding fine or speed awareness course {again} :ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0
AH, but if like me you`re an over-aged boy-racer, warning is so much better than a speeding fine or speed awareness course {again} :ROFLMAO:
Not really the conditional speed limit detected warning is useless, as it often triggers in areas where there's a standard normal sped limit.

Likewise the speed limit display is pretty useless as it's often wrong.

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom