Warnings on the screen

cog16

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Just thought I would post (paraphrased) some of the 'interesting' messages that I have received on the little screen.
1. Rgen not available , use brakes.
Occurs when battery is 99% full and doesn't need top up
2. Front camera can't see.
It's misted up - my car stored outside and got v cold. Garage said run heater ....
This not working will no doubt affect safety features
3. Front left tyre low pressure ( and rear left). And tyre display orange lit
This caught me unaware as the pressures had been alright night before, but, again it was v cold overnight. On the tyre pressure display, low tyre is shown orange. After visit to a garage pump ( not accurate - what a surprise) , it took a while before each tyre changed colour, and then the low tyre light finally disappeared

There are a couple of battery warnings but my memory is bad - perhaps others can add those for general information

Just thought I would post (paraphrased) some of the 'interesting' messages that I have received on the little screen.
1. Rgen not available , use brakes.
Occurs when battery is 99% full and doesn't need top up
2. Front camera can't see.
It's misted up - my car stored outside and got v cold. Garage said run heater ....
This not working will no doubt affect safety features
3. Front left tyre low pressure ( and rear left). And tyre display orange lit
This caught me unaware as the pressures had been alright night before, but, again it was v cold overnight. On the tyre pressure display, low tyre is shown orange. After visit to a garage pump ( not accurate - what a surprise) , it took a while before each tyre changed colour, and then the low tyre light finally disappeared

There are a couple of battery warnings but my memory is bad - perhaps others can add those for general information
I've noticed the regen not available message doesn't come up as much with the latest BMS update from January, though you can feel theres not as much when you've got a full battery. The front camera will eventually demist, it takes ages as its in a 'sealed' part of the windscreen. I also have the front left and rear left tyre pressure warnings, since monday, the pressures are fine though and I'll get around to pumping them up by .1 bar to turn off the message!

I've had the front camera not available working a few times, usually it's water running down outside,a quick wipe with wipers sorts it out.Seems to happen more now roads dirty with Sault and spay off wagons

If the car suddenly turns into bright early morning winter sun ☀️ light, it will trigger the alert.
It is unable to manage the bright light and issues a warning.
It happens just at the point when you are just reaching to pull down the sun visor to block the strong sun ☀️ 🤣.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom